Hockey in the sports bar?

nancydee

I'm on the pride and praying for the same thing. If I can't play then I at least want to watch to get my hockey fix! If I remember right the last time I was on the pride it seams like I watched a couple of buffalo games in my stateroom, For some reason they get a couple of stations from that area. Have a good cruise and go wings!

Trust me they show little to no hockey on any of the channels even the sports bar. :( American's mostly watch football and basketball. Hockey is more or less a Canadian thing :p lol

GO WINGS GO!! GO PACKERS GO!! GO IRISH GO!! :D

Edited by hockeyluver

Trust me they show little to no hockey on any of the channels even the sports bar. :( American's mostly watch football and basketball. Hockey is more or less a Canadian thing :p lol

Oh no it's not. It's very much an American thing (says the wife and mother of 3 hockey players, who has a mudroom that smells like a locker room). You can't grow up in Michigan without hockey. What's football??!

No..you won't get pre-season onboard. It's hard enough to find pre-season at home. I'm with you; I'd MUCH rather watch hockey.

And if I may add to the consensus: GO WINGS!!!!! (3rd generation fan)

Doubtful the only channels showing Preseason games in the states are NHL Network, and the local regional networks, neither I believe the ships get. If it makes you feel better, you can play NHL 13 (Maybe 14 by now) in the EA Sports Bar.

Oh no it's not. It's very much an American thing (says the wife and mother of 3 hockey players, who has a mudroom that smells like a locker room). You can't grow up in Michigan without hockey. What's football??!

No..you won't get pre-season onboard. It's hard enough to find pre-season at home. I'm with you; I'd MUCH rather watch hockey.

And if I may add to the consensus: GO WINGS!!!!! (3rd generation fan)

Lol we Michiganders love our hockey lol. What area are you from? I live in east pa now but moved from the Grand Rapids area about 8 years ago.

I will be on the Pride next week and was wondering if anyone knows if they will be showing any of the pre season NHL games in the sports bar.

I know right now it's Football season, but there is always hope :p

TIA

Nancy

No idea, but I have to throw in a GO HABS! To counter some of the other posts:D

We will be on the Pride during the Olympics and John Heald did say they'd be showing the games in the sports bar...

Lol we Michiganders love our hockey lol. What area are you from? I live in east pa now but moved from the Grand Rapids area about 8 years ago.

Originally, Marquette, where they flood the parking lot of the city municipal building during winter and make it into an ice rink :)

But I've been all over...Cadillac, Saginaw, Flint...now Lansing.

Pa huh? Have pre-season tix to the Wings/Pens game next week, as my ex-hub is from PA and my son is a self-proclaimed Pens fan (cuz his dad is) :'( so I promised I'd take him to see them play, now that our divisions are all shook up. Should be a fun season!

Nope...My DS(19) is an aspiring sports writer. He has an internship with an on-line sports site writing 2 Red Wings articles a week. Hockey is alive and well in our house:D... Go Wings!

Edited by Warm Breezes

I will be on the Pride next week and was wondering if anyone knows if they will be showing any of the pre season NHL games in the sports bar.

I know right now it's Football season, but there is always hope :p

TIA

Nancy

We were on the Glory during the playoffs and we only got to watch one of the games as it was on NBC and not NBC sports. They only get certain stations and pre-games might be on cable channels they don't get.

GO BRUINS!