Problems with the POA Deck Plans and NCL Representatives

Midnight Blue

Thank you for posting.

On the sailing I'm on, 12/7, three of the four SE suites overlooking the pool are still available less than 60 days out. Prices for these cabins have gone down about $1,000 per person from when they were first offered.

I can completely understand why no one is booked those suites. If you book a balcony suite on a Hawaiian cruise, I suspect you'd like to be able to see the Hawaiian islands from your balcony -- not the pasty pale US Mainlanders roasting themselves by the pool! :o

And I agree with dexddd-- the curtains around the bed remind me of a hospital, not the image I want on my Hawaiian cruise.

Finally... still no response from NCL to my email of a week and a half ago.

Well ... with the posts that have been made on and about deck 13, the photos above, what I saw when I was on the July sailing this year, the aft rooms that over look the pool on deck 13, and are right above the bar and music ... which when standing there on deck 12, I told my wife, "Never ever allow me to book one of those rooms"! Unless you like the music and noise that goes with it, which some people will like ( close to bar and tunes ), and also having to keep the drapes pulled or remain fully dressed so that pax below you at the bar or entire pool area can not gander at you. I think these aft deck 13 pool facing rooms are way over priced.

Also, looking at the photos posted above of the room living and bed area, there appears to be plenty of room for a wall with a sliding or French type doors to have crossed the room between the bed area and the living room, and would have pleased many folks.

As to the lanai rail on the deck 13 side rooms that I have seen in photos, it appears to be the same stuff that was in place before the adding of cabins to deck 13, they are high ( at least 5ft. ) broken up by two rails, and panels of spaced glass. Fine for what the deck was used for before, but rather view blocking garbage now.

The furniture in the deck 13 rooms looks so " doctor office or Westin ". And it also appears that the lanai areas of the rooms are only half covered, so deck 14 looks right down on most of your lanai area. So, in short, not deck 13 for me. I have always been a deck 12 person on the POAm, and appears that I will remain so.

Edited by Molokai-Chuck

I can completely understand why no one is booked those suites. If you book a balcony suite on a Hawaiian cruise, I suspect you'd like to be able to see the Hawaiian islands from your balcony -- not the pasty pale US Mainlanders roasting themselves by the pool! :o

And I agree with dexddd-- the curtains around the bed remind me of a hospital, not the image I want on my Hawaiian cruise.

Finally... still no response from NCL to my email of a week and a half ago.

Maybe they are picking up on how hotel rooms are marketed like "oceanview" which might have a sliver of a peek to the ocean or "gardenview" or "poolview". In this case it sounds like they could call them both oceanview and poolview.

Everytime I've looked at those pictures with the curtain that gets pulled around the bed, it makes me think of a hospital room. I wonder if a sponge bath is included.

That's EXACTLY what I told the NCL rep I spoke to . Minus the sponge bath question !

Has anyone else been in the suites on deck 13? We are booked in 13004 for Dec 7. I was just thinking that there must be people returning who have been in these suites. Any pics? Comments?

Thanks

If you haven't seen them, there are some pictures of actual Deck 13 suites posted earlier in this thread that were sent to someone by NCL. They give a pretty good sense of what the suites are like.

If you haven't seen them, there are some pictures of actual Deck 13 suites posted earlier in this thread that were sent to someone by NCL. They give a pretty good sense of what the suites are like.

I saw those photos. I was just hoping that there were some people with recent experiences in these new rooms that might comment.

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see our "mailing" day got delayed .. due to relatives being in town, then I got sick with a cold....................Today's update: final draft of our letter to NCL CEO, with copies going to Atty General(s), FTC etc etc... complete with screen prints of our Suite 13502 - still showing it as a class SD with 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms and still calling it a: 2 Bedroom Deluxe Family Suite with Large balcony. I am not sure what will come of all this, but will keep everyone updated.

Edited by CactusFlower527

As you can see our "mailing" day got delayed .. due to relatives being in town, then I got sick with a cold....................Today's update: final draft of our letter to NCL CEO, with copies going to Atty General(s), FTC etc etc... complete with screen prints of our Suite 13502 - still showing it as a class SD with 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms and still calling it a: 2 Bedroom Deluxe Family Suite with Large balcony. I am not sure what will come of all this, but will keep everyone updated.

And still no response from NCL to the email I sent to the address that was included in the post to the Cruise Critic forum.

And still no response from NCL to the email I sent to the address that was included in the post to the Cruise Critic forum.

Uh oh....

What a shame.

I just posted elsewhere that we hoped NCL had "done the right thing".

How dreadful to know they haven't even tried!

But to repeat from our other post:

"We hope that you have a WONDERFUL time, and ... this cruise is about HAWAII , and that's the main point for most of us.

Let us know how your trip is.

We hope to hear you've had lots of wonderful excursions/experiences! "

GeezerCouple

I wanted to let you guys know where I am with my issue.... I had a different thread and a different problem. I sent an email to the address given to me by the NCL rep here on cc. Same email address you guys were given earlier in this thread. I sent the email on 10/25. Later that day a NCL supervisor called me and said my issue had been escalated to the executive level. He was told to give me a call and let me know they are working on it. He said he would call me every other day to touch base until it was resolved. I got a call yesterday (10/27) as promised. No updates but just wanted to touch base with me. Far better than my laste dealings with a supervisor. 3 weeks with no call backs and me leaving countless voicemails.

So no resolution yet but at least I am getting call backs. I never received an email back but someone must of read it and escalated my case.

I'm not sure if this info helps your situations or not but thought I would offer it up anyways. I will keep you guys posted.

I received a response to my email to NCL . I previously had contact with NCL rep which was very helpful in changing us to a different cabin and upgrade from SD to SC.

Representative was very friendly and helpful . There was a price increase which I begrudgingly accepted because I felt we needed the bedroom . After a conversation with my husband he felt we should not be charged an additional charge because it was not our fault . I decided to email the rep back and voiced my concerns . They agreed to keep us in the upgraded cabin at the original price of our original cabin .

I feel like NCL did the right thing by us and I am very pleased with the assistance they provided .

Best if luck to everyone .

I hope everyone else can find a satisfactory solution to the deck 13 issues .

Cindy

I sent my mom with letters and stamps and she is headed to the post office as we speak. The letter to NCL is going CMRR - the ones to gov't officials and agencies (various) just regular mail.

As it stands, there are no 2 bedroom/2 bath suites left on our sailing date to even move us into. I would not want them throwing someone else out of their cabin to accommodate us! It will be interesting to see if anything gets resolved...or how they will keep us happy. Yes we will still make it work, YES we will still have fun ........ and yes HAWAII is the goal. But now there's been an extra stress point put on us, because we will be 4 adults sharing 1 bathroom.. only have 1 bedroom (not 2).. for privacy reasons we will have to work something out. It's not a deal breaker, but it's disappointing and we are NOT getting what we thought we were paying for. Maybe it was our mistake to choose the 13th deck a year ago when we booked? If we didn't have the $450 OBC it would be tempting to move into 2 balcony cabins and just ditch the suite, except we are looking forward to experiencing the "suite life" just this one time. Thank you all for putting up with my rambling... :( We're not so mad as we are disappointed and feeling gypped.

I sent my mom with letters and stamps and she is headed to the post office as we speak. The letter to NCL is going CMRR - the ones to gov't officials and agencies (various) just regular mail.

As it stands, there are no 2 bedroom/2 bath suites left on our sailing date to even move us into. I would not want them throwing someone else out of their cabin to accommodate us! It will be interesting to see if anything gets resolved...or how they will keep us happy. Yes we will still make it work, YES we will still have fun ........ and yes HAWAII is the goal. But now there's been an extra stress point put on us, because we will be 4 adults sharing 1 bathroom.. only have 1 bedroom (not 2).. for privacy reasons we will have to work something out. It's not a deal breaker, but it's disappointing and we are NOT getting what we thought we were paying for. Maybe it was our mistake to choose the 13th deck a year ago when we booked? If we didn't have the $450 OBC it would be tempting to move into 2 balcony cabins and just ditch the suite, except we are looking forward to experiencing the "suite life" just this one time. Thank you all for putting up with my rambling... :( We're not so mad as we are disappointed and feeling gypped.

Please let us know if you receive a response. I guess we were fortunate to find a resolution that would work for us . We only have 3 in our group so it was not as difficult to work out . We could manage with one bedroom although not ideal I didn't want to move out of a suite on deck 13. We too wanted to experience the suite life at least this one time .

Keep us posted please.

Cindy

Please let us know if you receive a response. I guess we were fortunate to find a resolution that would work for us . We only have 3 in our group so it was not as difficult to work out . We could manage with one bedroom although not ideal I didn't want to move out of a suite on deck 13. We too wanted to experience the suite life at least this one time .

Keep us posted please.

Cindy

I think we're more worried about 4 people jockeying for the 1 bathroom (when we thought we'd have 2)... I'm sure after running around on the Island(s) all day, we'll be too pooped to care WHERE we sleep. Maybe we are just looking for some sort of an adjustment to the cost because I feel the suite we're getting is really a lower priced room than what we booked a year ago. :eek:

We will be on POA Nov 30. I will get pictures of the new suites and maybe the solo and solo lounge as well (we did a room swap for a few minutes on the Dawn arranged by our concierge with the other people as we wanted to see one of the new suites on that ship, so we will try the same tactic again). I will post everything when we get back.:D

We will be on POA Nov 30. I will get pictures of the new suites and maybe the solo and solo lounge as well (we did a room swap for a few minutes on the Dawn arranged by our concierge with the other people as we wanted to see one of the new suites on that ship, so we will try the same tactic again). I will post everything when we get back.:D

That would be great if you could post some pics. Thank You !

Enjoy your trip :)

I think we're more worried about 4 people jockeying for the 1 bathroom (when we thought we'd have 2)... I'm sure after running around on the Island(s) all day, we'll be too pooped to care WHERE we sleep. Maybe we are just looking for some sort of an adjustment to the cost because I feel the suite we're getting is really a lower priced room than what we booked a year ago. :eek:

I definitely agree . I think Norwegian had to know this was going to be a problem. Why not disclose it instead of the misrepresentation of the suites . I'm amazed they are still calling the SD class suite on deck 13 a 1 bedroom. In fact there is NO bedroom . The bed is separated from the rest of the cabin by a curtain! How is that a bedroom? I say be honest in the descriptions and post actual photos and inform your passengers of EXACTLY what they are getting . Very misleading wording in their cabin descriptions started this problem and I believe it will only grow as passengers are blindsided once they arrive on board .

• 2 weeks later...

So..it's November 21st (Thursday) and I sit here at my desk waiting for a call-back from NCL executive offices re: the letter they received last week..... did not find their message on my cell phone until it was too late to call them back yesterday. Offices only open 9-5 Monday through Friday .............a challenge when you live on the West coast and work a full time job. Stay tuned.;)

So..it's November 21st (Thursday) and I sit here at my desk waiting for a call-back from NCL executive offices re: the letter they received last week..... did not find their message on my cell phone until it was too late to call them back yesterday. Offices only open 9-5 Monday through Friday .............a challenge when you live on the West coast and work a full time job. Stay tuned.;)

UPDATE............................. just got off of the phone with NCL's executive office's escalation team.

Resolution: we got a gratis studio cabin across from our Suite on Deck 13. Will carry all of the same amenities as the SUITE :) it gives us our extra bed and bathroom for the 1 guy that's traveling with us 3 gals................. :D yes I am happy !!!! Thanks NCL for doing the "right" thing!

PS- since the studios were sold out, there's probably a guest about to be visited by the Upgrade Fairy.;)