Tortola - Anything to do near ship pier?

mein18

Right around the dock you'll have several small shops including Sunny Caribbee which is a great spice shop (sunnycaribbee dot com). Pusser's Pub and a couple other spots like Maria's by the Sea would be a good spot for lunch if time permits. How much time will you have after the beach?

I agree about Pusser's. It's just a nice distance walk from the dock. You can shop a bit if you want, have a soft drink/beer or whatever and lunch and walk back. We have enjoyed leisurely walks and viewing from Pusser's on a number of visits. DH got some nice polo jerseys and shorts there that have worn and laundered great. :o

Pusser's is very good suggestion!

The clothes from there seem to last forever. We bought our DD a shirt from Pusser's back when she was in HS that she still loves and wears ... and she's now out of graduate school and has been working for ten years. :rolleyes:

Also, Pusser's is an enjoyable place to get a drink! :D

LuLu

~~~~

• 2 weeks later...

Come off the ship and follow the hoards walking into town, go past the little area of pastel coloured wooden shops then cross the main road and Pussers is just up the road. Easy to find and well worth going to, try a painkiller cocktail or good old Pussers rum, yummy!

About how far away? Sounds like a good place to go but I'll have my mom and her friend so a far or hard walk would be out. We were looking forward to trying a painkiller on JVD but the company we booked the daysail with booked a very large group so we cancelled. This may be a good alternative.

• 3 weeks later...
Very easy walk, PP Road Town is located across from the ferry dock, short taxi is also an option. English-style pub with great men's clothing in the back.

Webcams -

http://www.pussers.com/t-webcams.aspx

Not just men's clothing. Go upstairs and there is the most beautifully displayed classic women's and children's clothes, and the whole place looks like it would have done 100 years ago. Definitely worth a visit and you can't miss it as you can enter via the bar right on the sea front. I'd also recommend a couple of art galleries which are in the street behind Pusser's. There's one in a regular shop and one in a cabin-type shop which has a huge amount of originals as well as prints, many of which are inexpensive but beautiful souvenirs. I'll be in there again next February!

We also did one of the open-top buses from the port and had a fantastic half-day tour of the island. Can't remember how much it cost but I know it was excellent value. These buses (jimneys?) are operated by the owners who all seem great characters and we were just absolutely wowed by what we saw on this small but very beautiful island :).

• 3 weeks later...