Chocolate Cake Question

Juicermcurran

Ordered the cake before embarking from the fun shop, just go to Carnival dot com, go to the bottom and click on The Fun Shops. You can specify the night you want it delivered to your table or room.

pz1n.jpg

Wow, that is beautiful! Is that the 6 inch or 9 inch?

What a great review of your cruise funinthesun1964...loved it! And your pictures were just wonderful!

"DH said that this chocolate cake was so good, and it tasted like fudge"...that picture of it sure looks wonderful! Must try it on my next cruise in November. What are you using for a camera, if youd on't mind me asking.

What a great review of your cruise funinthesun1964...loved it! And your pictures were just wonderful!

"DH said that this chocolate cake was so good, and it tasted like fudge"...that picture of it sure looks wonderful! Must try it on my next cruise in November. What are you using for a camera, if youd on't mind me asking.

Thanks. I admit, I took a bite of it and it was indeed sooo good! My camera is nothing special, just a simple point and shoot (I really don't have great photography skills, though I wish I did). It is a Canon Power Shot A3400IS.

JUST got of the Dream, and the room service choco cake was NOT on the menu. Ordered a choco cake, a whole onr to be delivered to the room, and it was aweful!! the cake was dry and grainy, and the "frosting" tasted like brown coloered cool whip.

I hope this is not the case on all ships!

We order the room service chocolate cake and take it up to the lido on the last sea day during the "Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet." People come up to us while we are holding our plates with the room service cake in the buffet line and ask where we got it. ;) We got this idea here on CC and it did cause a stir at the buffet. Of course it paled in comparison to the cheap watch riot at the gift shop.

Sorry Fun in the Sun for not giving attribution for the photo of the cake. I had it in my pictures file and didn't know who had posted it originally. :)

We order the room service chocolate cake and take it up to the lido on the last sea day during the "Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet." People come up to us while we are holding our plates with the room service cake in the buffet line and ask where we got it. ;) We got this idea here on CC and it did cause a stir at the buffet. Of course it paled in comparison to the cheap watch riot at the gift shop.

Sorry Fun in the Sun for not giving attribution for the photo of the cake. I had it in my pictures file and didn't know who had posted it originally. :)

Not a big deal. I thought it was funny, because when I saw that photo I thought "this looks really familiar". Then again, I was flattered because I am a just an amateur with a cheapo camera, and someone posted one of my pictures! I hope that the chocolate cake is still available from room service, a previous poster said it was not!

I wanted to try both the chocolate and the vanilla. I sent the chocolate cake to my sons cabin and the vanilla to hubby and my cabin. Didn't want to appear too greedy by having two cakes sent to my cabin. :D

Loved the vanilla, it had a strawberry filling and was delicious. I didn't like the chocolate at all. The icing had a funny taste, I can't quite find the words to describe it, but I didn't care for it.

I've seen pictures of a chocolate layer cake that everyone raves about... (Not the melting one).. Where would this cake be found? We are on the liberty in December... Also wondering if its the same cake that is delivered as the special occation cake to your cabin. Thanks.

Is this the one you were looking for? Available at the coffee shop.

DSC_6265.JPG

We have gotten the chocolate cake twice from Bon Voyage. The first time on the Dream in 2011 as a little debarkation treat. We got it again Nov 2012 for our oldest DS 16th bday. I preordered it, then had them deliver it to the MDR at dinner. I would post a pic of each, but am at work and unable to right now.

Archived