Disney Fantasy-Restricted Fare

actopp1017

I booked an IGT for a Nov Magic cruise and I am curious if we will be upgraded or not. Sounds like we will probably have an inside cabin but may get a higher deck. I'd be okay with that, of course.

Does completing the online check-in speed up cabin assignment at all? Or I should bank on getting it two weeks prior to cruise?

I have a question about the VGT restricted rates

It says no refund or changes allowed , which is fine , however if for some reason we do not go on the cruise (not that anticipate anything but we have a 2 yr old) does that mean we will lose the money and the cruise? Or can it be used towards a different cruise?

The restricted rates are usually offered after the cancellation date anyhow - which would mean even if you booked a regular rate at the same timeframe you would lose some if not all of your cruise.

Your best bet is to get trip insurance .... just in case!

I booked an IGT for a Nov Magic cruise and I am curious if we will be upgraded or not. Sounds like we will probably have an inside cabin but may get a higher deck. I'd be okay with that, of course.

Does completing the online check-in speed up cabin assignment at all? Or I should bank on getting it two weeks prior to cruise?

Check - in will not speed up assignment from what I experienced - just keep checking but expect to see it about 2 weeks out

We are sailing on Fantasy in 2 days.

Not sure if it matters but we are Silver CC.

We booked a IGT on Sep. 11th

Room was assigned on Sep. 13th

We got a 11B, not the best but not the worst. We are happy.

Interesting thing is they had 10A (Deluxe Inside Stateroom - 30 sq. ft. larger) inventory available until the close of the cruise last night.

Clear skies,

Schwimm

We are sailing on Fantasy in 2 days.

Not sure if it matters but we are Silver CC.

We booked a IGT on Sep. 11th

Room was assigned on Sep. 13th

We got a 11B, not the best but not the worst. We are happy.

Interesting thing is they had 10A (Deluxe Inside Stateroom - 30 sq. ft. larger) inventory available until the close of the cruise last night.

Clear skies,

Schwimm

Have a great cruise! Maybe one day we will figure out their method of inventory control :)

were do you book these rates and what is the time frame before the cruise you book

These rates are not always announced - sometimes if you know a good travel agent they will let you know - but otherwise you kind of have to stumble across them on your own.

I am always checking pricing on DCL's website for times that I know I can cruise. The rate will show up as IGT/OGT/VGT - usually 70 or less days until sailing is when they are offered.

I have a question about the VGT restricted rates

It says no refund or changes allowed , which is fine , however if for some reason we do not go on the cruise (not that anticipate anything but we have a 2 yr old) does that mean we will lose the money and the cruise? Or can it be used towards a different cruise?

No refund means no refund from DCL. That means NONE. No, it cannot be applied toward another cruise. If you purchase travel insurance and need to cancel for a covered reason (like documented illness), you can get a refund according to the terms of the policy you have purchased. Plans vary--consult with a professional as to what will work best for your needs. Many policies provide a free child's policy with purchase of a parent policy, which can save a bit on the purchase.

You get a great deal on the *GT rates....but because of the restrictions, I'd seriously recommend insurance.

No refund means no refund from DCL. That means NONE. No' date=' it cannot be applied toward another cruise. If you purchase travel insurance and need to cancel for a covered reason (like documented illness), you can get a refund according to the terms of the policy you have purchased. Plans vary--consult with a professional as to what will work best for your needs. Many policies provide a free child's policy with purchase of a parent policy, which can save a bit on the purchase.

You get a great deal on the *GT rates....but because of the restrictions, I'd seriously recommend insurance.[/quote']

I did purchase the insurance on my November cruise WITH the IGT rate but I swear the PVP told me that I could get a credit for a future cruise if I had to cancel- EVEN if I couldn't have it covered by insurance.

Is that not true?

I did purchase the insurance on my November cruise WITH the IGT rate but I swear the PVP told me that I could get a credit for a future cruise if I had to cancel- EVEN if I couldn't have it covered by insurance.

Is that not true?

Im fairly certain that is not accurate. You don't get credit when you cancel a regular fare cruise within a certain time frame either

Is that not true?

I was under the understanding they told me that as well.

I was under the understanding they told me that as well.

They say no changes no refunds so its down to their discretion only.

The rules are payment on booking and in full, at the time of booking.

When- its booked it's booked, * No changes*. No sail date or passenger changes. Even no name changes.

It completely non-refundable when booked.

Finally once you are assigned a stateroom thats it no changes!

Is that not true?

If you purchase travel insurance thru DCL, their deal is that anything that the insurance doesn't pay will be applied by DCL to a future cruise. You purchase thru DCL but the insurance is actually thru another company. If you need to submit a claim, it is submitted to the other company (used to be AccessAmerica, not sure if it still is). If AccessAmerica doesn't pay for any part or all of your claim, you submit that paperwork to DCL and they will give you that amount of credit toward a future cruise.

This provision does apply on *GT bookings, but only if you purchase the travel insurance thru DCL. Note--the travel insurance thru DCL is far more costly than thru other companies and even more than going directly thru AccessAmerica...but buying thru Disney does give you that extra provision.

There are no refunds, no apply to another cruise, nothing on a *GT booking. The credit is because of the insurance arrangement. A straight *GT booking with no insurance or insurance not thru DCL = no money applied to a future cruise.

Normally *GT rates come out after the penalty period for cruises. However, they have on occasion been published 6 months before a cruise! Some TAs send periodic newsletters, Facebook posts, etc. listing any new special rates. You can also find them on the DCL web site.

If you purchase travel insurance thru DCL' date=' their deal is that anything that the insurance doesn't pay will be applied by DCL to a future cruise. You purchase thru DCL but the insurance is actually thru another company. If you need to submit a claim, it is submitted to the other company (used to be AccessAmerica, not sure if it still is). If AccessAmerica doesn't pay for any part or all of your claim, you submit that paperwork to DCL and they will give you that amount of credit toward a future cruise.

This provision does apply on *GT bookings, but only if you purchase the travel insurance thru DCL. Note--the travel insurance thru DCL is far more costly than thru other companies and even more than going directly thru AccessAmerica...but buying thru Disney does give you that extra provision.

There are no refunds, no apply to another cruise, nothing on a *GT booking. The credit is because of the insurance arrangement. A straight *GT booking with no insurance or insurance not thru DCL = no money applied to a future cruise.

Normally *GT rates come out after the penalty period for cruises. However, they have on occasion been published 6 months before a cruise! Some TAs send periodic newsletters, Facebook posts, etc. listing any new special rates. You can also find them on the DCL web site.[/quote']

Thanks for this explanation. I actually booked that rate with a deposit in August and had 6 weeks to pay the full balance or cancel. It was advertised on the web as a fall special.

13 days until my Fantasy vgt cruise, still no cabin assigned. Should I call DCL or wait another week?

They can assign them at sny time, any day, with 13 days to go I would wait another week. Fantasy is a great ship sny stateroom will be great.

VGT is a good rate but they can assign any day up to embarkation day.

Keep checking their website that's where you will know first.

Good luck and enjoy we had 14 great days in the Fantasy last year.

Nice assignment. :D 10624 on the Fantasy is a category 4a with all the beds. 256sqft inside, 43 sqft unobstructed clear plexi balcony outside. Ceiling pull down, couch, and wall pull down murphy, and of course the queen. This cabin holds five pax. Nice to have options for sleeping arrangements. How many pax did you book in said cabin?

Appears to be under the buffet. You may here a bit of noise, but a quick flight of stairs up to food and pool deck is worth it IMO.

Have you seen this photo? Enjoy.

b9bfaf22.jpg

We've sailed VGT twice. Got a cabin assignment for the Eastern Fantasy 13 days prior and for the WBPC, 11 days before. We were really happy with both assignments and saved a ton of money, especially on the WBPC. We have a VGT booked for the 11/10 'new' Magic. We'll probably get our assignment in late October. Getting used to room assignment suspense...

Nice assignment. :D 10624 on the Fantasy is a category 4a with all the beds. 256sqft inside, 43 sqft unobstructed clear plexi balcony outside. Ceiling pull down, couch, and wall pull down murphy, and of course the queen. This cabin holds five pax. Nice to have options for sleeping arrangements. How many pax did you book in said cabin?

Appears to be under the buffet. You may here a bit of noise, but a quick flight of stairs up to food and pool deck is worth it IMO.

Have you seen this photo? Enjoy.

b9bfaf22.jpg

Great photo! We only booked for 2 adults. I guess we will have plenty of room to spread out in 10624. Thank you all for your input.

Archived