Escargot Report

Was on the Majesty 4-nighter that sailed 10/28/13.

Escargot was listed on the menu.

My sister ordered it, but was brought the bay scallops!

When she pointed out the error, the waiter said, "Oh, we don't have escargot, so bay scallops were substituted." :eek:

Available on Enchantment all three nights during the October 25th sailing.

Ok, now I'm a little put out. I was on the Oct. 21st sailing and asked my waitress for it and she said there was none. So either there was none on our sailing and was the next which is bad form on RCL, she lied, or was too lazy to go check. :confused::confused:

Just off the 10/20 Explorer to Bermuda. Having read on the Boards that you had to ask, I did. The waiter said they did not have them. He then sent over the head waiter who explained that there was a "shortage" of escargot. They could not get them and had none on board. I did have the scallops gratin, which were good, but they were NOT escargot. I was very disappointed, as I was with most of the food on the cruise.

Just off the 10/20 Explorer to Bermuda. Having read on the Boards that you had to ask, I did. The waiter said they did not have them. He then sent over the head waiter who explained that there was a "shortage" of escargot. They could not get them and had none on board. I did have the scallops gratin, which were good, but they were NOT escargot. I was very disappointed, as I was with most of the food on the cruise.

I will admit the revised menus are not my favorite at all.

I definitely miss my Chilean Sea Bass. That was hands down the best dish I ever had on a cruise.

At least where I am, snails are rather expensive foods. And once, I found real live snails, and they were the hardest things to clean and remove from their shells. I also found that Wegmans has frozen escargot with herb butter at a reasonable price. You just bake them, and it smells like a cruise :D

Yeah, I had them for the first time on a cruise, and I've been wanting them ever since. I went from one order the first night to three orders on the last.

Thank you so much for mentioning the availability at Wegmans! I read this last night and went out today and bought a box for dinner. Yumm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

Thank you so much for mentioning the availability at Wegmans! I read this last night and went out today and bought a box for dinner. Yumm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

Haha, yeah. Sometimes I wonder if Wegmans makes all its escargot sales just from returning cruise folks.

Just got off Explorer 10/27 to Bermuda. No escargot on menu, asked the waiter for them and he said there is still a shortage so no escargot on board at all.

Haha, yeah. Sometimes I wonder if Wegmans makes all its escargot sales just from returning cruise folks.

Just got off Explorer 10/27 to Bermuda. No escargot on menu, asked the waiter for them and he said there is still a shortage so no escargot on board at all.

I've brought the Wegman's escargot to a party or two and they were the talk of the party. I usually make extra garlic butter and toast up bread to make them even more yummy. I wonder who was the first person to try eating snails. Since there is a shortage, why doesn't someone try slugs? I'm a little curious if they would taste the same. However, not curious enough to try them (slugs) first...hahahaha

Edited by Yenom

Just off the Freedom 10/13/2013 -10/20/2013. Sad to report, NO ESCARGOT !! NO TOWEL creatures.... ( couldn't care less about the towel creatures, but don't mess with my seafood ) Had a ball, weather HOT & SUNNY, islands beautiful,not one bad word to say about this cruise..... Loved Loved Loved the Freedom. :)

Just off Grandeur 10/25 - 11/1. No Escargot. They had the scallops every night which at least 3 people at my table of 5 ordered. I actually like the scallops better. They also had the same thing with salmon/crab one night. I didn't like that nearly as much as the scallops. I thought all of the food was great!

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

DH and I sailed on IOS from 10/3 to 10/14/13 and Escargot was available every night in the dining room. We got it a couple of times. It was very good, but not great. I was thrilled that it was on the menu, but it wasn't the taste I remembered from days gone by.

Just off back to back cruises on the Oasis of the Seas. The week of 10/19 there was no escargot. The week of 10/26 there was escargot the 2nd formal night only.

No one in our party of 18 liked the scallops that were served instead.