Escargot Report

Escargots was on the menu but first night I ordered then I was presented with stone cold garlic butter and ate only the little escargots, second night asked for them gain but asked waiter to bring them only if heated, no problem enjoyed.

We were on Serenade on September 4, 2013 for 12 nights and had escargots many times. Menu and food much better on Serenade, even though I had understood same menu.

For example, offered on the evening menu, was roast beef and yorkshire pudding at least three times out of eight nights, and cod dish another three nights. Not much variety here. Seems to me more variety on Serenade, although similar home cooking style menus.

On Adventure dishes were often warm at best.

Just off Freedom. I asked our head waiter the first night if they had escargot and was told they were none on the ship. Then on the second formal night, our head waiter came to our table and said he had a special treat for us. He told us the head chef went out on St Martin and got Escargot and then brought us two plates. DW doesn't like them so I got double the pleasure. Other tables were also served. Not sure if the HW's story was true or made-up but we did get Escargot on the Freedom last week. Hopefully they did not make the yellow scarfs get on their hands and knees and scurry through the grass/weeds to get these delectable delights.

Now back to the Donuts issue. I reported several weeks ago that the icing donuts were being phased out on all ships as an another cost cutting measure. Some posters were in complete denial of this fact! Well Freedom does not have a single chocolate or white icing donut on-board as of last week. Not that I will miss them but DW is more upset about this than the Escargot dilemma.

Edited by Tagsalong

Just off the Liberty 11/9-11/14. Escargot on the menu all but one night. Had them 3 times and they were delicious.

While the scallops were good there is nothing like the real thing.

Thanks for the update niksmom630...but bummer! :(

Oh, and thanks for your live report as well...your pictures were fantastic!!

:D

Thanks! I was also bummed about the escargot. They didn't have them in February on the Jewel either. DD had the scallops almost every night on Allure but they are fishy to me! I'm hoping for some in February on Indy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This may sound too simple, but I do not get why if they are on a ship, people get to have them everynight.

Seems to me if they shared the bounty around, they could have it once on a sailing for all ships - maybe formal night or whatever, but limit the numbers on a ship so we all get a share!!!

That is those of us that love butter dripping down our chin!!:D

This may sound too simple, but I do not get why if they are on a ship, people get to have them everynight.

Seems to me if they shared the bounty around, they could have it once on a sailing for all ships - maybe formal night or whatever, but limit the numbers on a ship so we all get a share!!!

That is those of us that love butter dripping down our chin!!:D

I agree with you - seems the escargot is on the smaller ships and every night - I just want one serving during my 7 day cruise