Do TA's help you get money back when...?

kdinkus1

:confused: Reading the different threads, I have found out that once booked (whether a guarantee or a cabin) your TA can help if you find prices have dropped in your category. Am I just confused? Our TA has never called us to let us know when our category $ changed and I highly doubt she will. How does this work? Do you get a refund in the money difference or an upgrade? Should we be the one always checking for lower prices in our category? Thanks for the help.

Good TAs will reduce prices if you are eligible.

If prices go down on your cruise before final payment (and you are eligible for the rate decrease), you can have your rate adjusted. Some TAs monitor rates but even if your TA does monitor rates - they may not always catch rate decreases because they are so busy. The best thing to do is monitor the rate yourself and if you think the rate goes down before final payment, contact your TA and see if they will check the rates.

Some rates are regional rates, some rates are only for those who receive selected promos and some rates are only for new bookings (very confusing).

After final payment, it is more difficult to receive a price adjustment to your cruise fare.

Although I agree in teh ideal world your TA should be looking out for price drops, I tend to monitor all of my sailings weekly to see if any have occured and alert my TA to those bookings that are affected. My TA is excellent, however she cannot conceivably monitor all of her clients at any one time.

Your TA should monitor but it helps to call them or e-mail them about 6 weeks before sailing. Last year my TA got me a $350/person reduction and I had the money in hand before we sailed! This is just one of many reasons why you need a TA.

I agree that TAs can't possibly monitor the prices for every cruise. And good TAs have thousands of clients. I also monitor my cruise prices and if I think something has gone down, I shoot her an email.

What are the TA sites you all are checking? Can you share???

This CC site has many online agents that you can search for prices. Just look at the ads in the headings, Compare when you book, and then compare those same sites periodically. By comparing before hand, you can notice which include port charges and goverment taxes and fees while others do not. Once you have that baseline, then you can compare total prices.

On some routes, demand is so high that price decreases are not likely. Others, the prices may not drop until after final payment and those flash prices are for new customers only.

Archived