Enchantment of the Seas - trip report with pictures

CruisinCrow

Thanks! I used a Nikon Coolpix 8200 for most of the pictures. It is pocket sized but has a good zoom (14x) and does well indoors. At Coco Cay, I used

an Olympus Tough waterproof camera. It's great for the beach and snokeling.

I can scan the Compasses but I'm not sure how to post a pdf file. Maybe I can email them?

Awesome...noladawn3@gmail.com thanks

Dawn

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Your review couldn't be timed better. We're sailing on Friday (YEAH!). And your photos are amazing.

Question- The bungee trampoline. Do you know what the restrictions (age,weight, etc..) are?

Thanx

Erika

The only age/weight restriction I remember seeing was that the minimum age was 6. I looked on my Compass to see if has any more information and it just says "for rules and restrictions, please see the staff." You do have to sign a waiver. And there was a scale next to the attendant's table but they didn't ask me to weigh myself. I think probably you just have to be able to fit into the harness.

Love your review! We go on her in 5 days!

Did you walk to the Graycliff and rum factory, or take a taxi? How long was the walk, or how much was the taxi?

About how long did each tour take?

We walked and it took us 15 minutes to get to Graycliff, maybe another 5 to get to John Watling's. I think it's about 3/4 of a mile but uphill.

The chocolate factory tour was probably half an hour long. The distillery tour was only about 10 minutes, plus getting to sample the rums.

Edited by CruisinCrow

Sorry, Dawn and Erika!! I wasn't able to get to the scanner yesterday but I am going to do my best to scan the Compasses today and email them to you before you leave for your cruise.

Yay thanks so much....the only other way I know is smartphone photo and upload LOL

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Sorry, Dawn and Erika!! I wasn't able to get to the scanner yesterday but I am going to do my best to scan the Compasses today and email them to you before you leave for your cruise.

Not a problem . If you can do it, great. We're heading out today, but will have hubby's ipad. If you can't, I guess we can wait till tomorrow for our version.

Erika

Did you walk to the far side of the island to Barefoot Beach, if so did you see the Caba-netts? We are thinking of renting one. How many did you see and were they all rented? Also, were they near the water and did you see someone over seeing the control of the Caba-netts?

Did you walk to the far side of the island to Barefoot Beach, if so did you see the Caba-netts? We are thinking of renting one. How many did you see and were they all rented? Also, were they near the water and did you see someone over seeing the control of the Caba-netts?

Yes, we did see them on our walk. They were all the way at the very end of the beach. I was surprised to see them so far away from everything. I think there were about 10 cabanas and I saw a few being used and a few with Reserved signs. There was a bar set up next to them with drinks and fruit platters. They were near the water (sand, not rocks) and were definitely being monitored. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of them.

We walked and it took us 15 minutes to get to Graycliff, maybe another 5 to get to John Watling's. I think it's about 3/4 of a mile but uphill.

The chocolate factory tour was probably half an hour long. The distillery tour was only about 10 minutes, plus getting to sample the rums.

Thank you for the info! Looks like I might want to do this before my dolphin swim.

Thanks, for the info. I think we will try to reserve one. We leave on Oct 14 can't wait.

How much are they charging for those cabanettes and do they include anything? My main concern would be how far away they are from everything.

Thank you for the info! Looks like I might want to do this before my dolphin swim.

You're welcome. The tours themselves aren't very long but we spent some time walking around Graycliff, buying cigars and chocolates and having a few drinks at the distillery bar. So we made a whole afternoon of it. Very enjoyable.

How much are they charging for those cabanettes and do they include anything? My main concern would be how far away they are from everything.

I believe the charge is $50, and they include transportation in the CocoLimo.

Thanks for such a detailed description of Enchantment! We have not sailed on her since 2009 and I'm excited to see all the improvements in person. I get on the ship in a few day!!! (October 7th).