Enchantment of the Seas - trip report with pictures

CruisinCrow

Enchantment had some fun technology features too. There were digital screens placed all around the ship with interactive deck plans and a list of all the current activities and where they were taking place. They even had a “Restroom Finder” button, which gave directions to the nearest restroom. It sounded funny but it was a brilliant idea. It always seems to take three days to figure out where the restrooms are. :)

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After getting our bearings, we had lunch at the buffet in the Windjammer. Here is where we discovered the drawback to the stretch. They had added an additional 151 cabins but they hadn’t expanded the restaurant to compensate for the extra people. The place was a mob scene! There weren’t nearly enough places to sit and everyone was bumping into each other, trying to get to the plates or the drinks. We ate and got out of there as fast as we could. Fortunately, the staterooms were ready by then so we headed down to Deck 3 to unpack. We were in 3528, which was a nice, quiet ocean view cabin.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

We spent the afternoon checking out the spa, signing up for the soda package, having the obligatory “welcome aboard” mojito and just enjoying being on a ship. The weather was spectacular – drier and not too hot. We could feel the stress melting away as we left Port Canaveral behind.

I always try to get to port when the cabins are ready for occupancy. I find the chaos in the windjammer to be significantly less as people head to the cabins instead of camping out at the Windjammer.

Make sure you pack socks for the bungee trampoline.

I just showed my husband your bungee trampoline pictures and he said, "You'll love that; they'll hear you screaming all the way back to Port Canaveral." So, maybe I should bring some tape for my mouth too. :o

I was able to upgrade from an inside room on Deck 7 to an ocean view on Deck 3, in the newer stretched area. (Actually my price went down!! :)) I like that you described your cabin as nice and quiet on Deck 3.

Still months away but it's fun to look forward to it!

I just showed my husband your bungee trampoline pictures and he said, "You'll love that; they'll hear you screaming all the way back to Port Canaveral." So, maybe I should bring some tape for my mouth too. :o

I was able to upgrade from an inside room on Deck 7 to an ocean view on Deck 3, in the newer stretched area. (Actually my price went down!! :)) I like that you described your cabin as nice and quiet on Deck 3.

Still months away but it's fun to look forward to it!

I'm pretty sure half the ship heard me screaming. :)

I liked being on Deck 3, nothing but cabins below and above. I don't think I would want to be on Deck 4 because it opens up to the Centrum, which was pretty loud at night. The only noise we ever heard in our cabins was a couple of doors slamming.

I always try to get to port when the cabins are ready for occupancy. I find the chaos in the windjammer to be significantly less as people head to the cabins instead of camping out at the Windjammer.

True, it's worse on embarkation day. Everyone is dragging their carry-on bags around and parking themselves at the tables because their rooms aren't ready yet. But the Windjammer on Enchantment always seemed to be crowded. It was just too small or not laid out correctly or something. Food was good though.

The Park Cafe is also open on embarkation day for lunch, so that's another option if you want something quieter.

Loved your review, I am booked for Oct 14. I love cranberries, so I am looking forward to trying the cranberry bread. Thanks for posting a picture of your cabin, we have a ocean view room and it is nice to see the layout..

There's also a small couch and a flat-screen TV that can swivel so you can see it from either the couch or the bed. My husband figured out how to play music from his cell phone through the TV.

The cabin isn't huge but there are plenty of drawers.

Thanks c.crow for the prices on rum.

Another question, since we have walking problems , is their availability to taxi when you arrive in port to go to distillery.

Yes, there are many taxis at port in Nassau, you have to beat them off with a stick!;) There is also a free port tram that will transport you between the ship and the terminal exit near the taxis.

Thanks! Yes, you can walk all the way around the ship on Deck 5. The view from the bow is blocked by the anchoring equipment but the view from the stern is wonderful.

The sunrise and sunset pictures I posted were taken from Deck 5. We spent a lot of time there, just looking at the water. Best part of cruising. :)

Thanks for the info -- and so sorry I accidentally called you CruisinCow! :o Typo!

Because the islands of the Bahamas don’t have the geography for growing cacao, the cacao beans were imported from Jamaica but roasted and turned into chocolate right there at the factory. Jermaine walked us through the whole chocolate-making process. We even got to meet Graycliff’s pastry chef and chocolatier, Erika Davis of Top Chef Just Desserts fame, who was very gracious and welcoming. After the tour, Ron and I each got to sample one of the 16 different chocolates. We chose dark chocolate bacon (yes, bacon!) and white chocolate key lime. They were both awesome. I ended up buying an 8-piece assortment to take home.

The last stop on our “Tour of Vices” was the distillery, which just opened to the public five months ago. First we sampled all three of the rums, the two-year Pale, three-year Amber and five-year Buena Vista. Then Bryant, our tour guide, walked us through the warehouse where the rum was aged. He told us that the Pale and Amber rums are aged in whiskey barrels purchased from Jack Daniels while the Buena Vista is aged in Cognac barrels, giving them their distinctive flavors. We bought a couple of bottles of rum from the gift shop and then took a seat in the distillery’s bar, where Uncle Will whipped us up some fabulous mojitos. What a great afternoon. As the saying goes, “Time flies when you’re having rum”! Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the ship.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Was this an actual tour of both that you did through the ship, or did you go on your own? Would like to try both.

Was this an actual tour of both that you did through the ship, or did you go on your own? Would like to try both.

It wasn't through the ship - we just did it on our own. Both the Graycliff chocolate factory and John Watling's distillery offer tours. The chocolate factory was $10 a person and the distillery was free. It was really great for us because there were only 2 ships in port that day and we got private tours at both places.

Great review and pics! Can't wait to see her in person in 13 days!

Did you notice any other times the trampoline was or wasn't busy? I know our family will like to try it. How about the rock climbing wall?

The trampoline was open Friday afternoon after sailaway, Saturday morning before we got to Nassau, and sometime Sunday (I can't remember if it was morning or afternoon on Sunday, I'll have to check my Compass). It was also open certain hours just for the teen club. It was never busy when I saw it. I think a lot of people don't find it because it's in an out-of-the-way location. Same thing with the rock wall.

Make sure you pack socks. Long shorts/pants are probably better too. I had to roll mine down so the velcro on the harness wouldn't rub.

Have fun!

Edited by CruisinCrow

Thank you for sharing. We are on the 10/4 sailing our first time on RCI. It's great to hear about your trip. Gets me that much more excited.

Hey.come join our roll call

Dawn

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Thank you...amazing photos..what camera did you use? I just bought a new Pentax for my Oct 4th sailing on EOS I'm so excited....love coco cay :) can you post the compass? Please???

Dawn

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Thank you...amazing photos..what camera did you use? I just bought a new Pentax for my Oct 4th sailing on EOS I'm so excited....love coco cay :) can you post the compass? Please???

Dawn

Thanks! I used a Nikon Coolpix 8200 for most of the pictures. It is pocket sized but has a good zoom (14x) and does well indoors. At Coco Cay, I used

an Olympus Tough waterproof camera. It's great for the beach and snokeling.

I can scan the Compasses but I'm not sure how to post a pdf file. Maybe I can email them?