Homophobia on Cunard Queen Mary 2

dencruise80

We to have found Cunard to have "no Issue" with us being a couple, lets face it who cares, most of the staff are too busy working their butts off trying to keep up with our needs and wants.

I'm sure they don't give a toss about who you jump into bed with unless you make a issue out of it.

as a wise woman "my mum" said once, give much, expect little and your life will be a joy.

I always took that to mean if you are a Bitch then thats what you get back.

Cheers all..happy sailing

I find it interesting that many people don't believe these incidents occurred if they don't happen to them. My travelling companions and I both had the same butler on the Gem

He was always pleasant to me but he was rather nasty and condescending to then. This was on several occasions. I even witnessed this on one occasion and couldn't believe it.

Also, there are rave reviews for ryan rabe, a concierge on the Gem who i absolutely disliked.

I asked him to do one thing for me because after the attitude and general behaviour that he was doing me a big favour by making me a dinner reservation I never asked him for another thing

I guess my point is that everyone has different dealings and interactions with the same people, Some good some bad and just because you had a good interaction doesn't mean a bad interaction didnt happen to someone else

What line is the GEM? We're talking about Cunard, not some other line. There are those who believe it or not "make" up stories. I'm NOT saying it happened here, but it has happened. All I'll say is I've never had an issue or know someone who has on Cunard or Celebrity for that fact. I do see those with totally thin skins & the non ability to laugh at themselves get totally flummexed over the most benign things.

What line is the GEM? We're talking about Cunard, not some other line. There are those who believe it or not "make" up stories. I'm NOT saying it happened here, but it has happened. All I'll say is I've never had an issue or know someone who has on Cunard or Celebrity for that fact. I do see those with totally thin skins & the non ability to laugh at themselves get totally flummexed over the most benign things.

Norwegian Gem.

I think he was just saying that good and bad things happen on all cruise lines.

Michael

As most have posted, Cunard and the QM2 are especially gay-friendly from our experience.

Our first cruise was a 3 day Pacific repo on the Cunard Princess in 1986. The ship was a rusty tub, but we were hooked on cruising and our next cruise, a transit on the QE2 to Hawaii, enamored us to the Cunard liners.

In 27 cruises over 29 years on a dozen cruise lines, we've always given respect and demanded it in return and we've not been disappointed. On rare occasions, I've gotten attitude from fellow cruisers (not on Cunard) and had the occasional balky service worker (again, not on Cunard) but nothing of note. Of all the lines and ships, I must say that Cunard ships seem particularly gay-friendly. (But what would you expect from a company based upon three queens?).

We're eagerly anticipating our ninth Cunard voyage, a Westbound crossing in May 2016.

Edited by MarkBearSF