AUGUST Cruisers: Got Documents Yet?

We cruised on The Rhapsody of the Seas on June 26th (last week) and we got our cruise documents a week and half before the cruise. I called 2 and half weeks before the cruise and they said I would have it by the end of the week (i called on a tuesday night) by the following monday well I still did not have them! That did not make me happy since it was our honeymoon and the last thing I needed to worry about was this, about a week or so after them being there I call RCL on a monday night and demanded them be overnighted (for wed) spent like an hour and half on the phone. They still had not been printed or anything along those lines. We did get them overnighted to us. So I feel for those of you that have not gotten your documents and your cruise is right around the corner.

Sailing on the Mariner on August 14 and haven't received our docs yet. However, after reading the whole Betty controvery a couple of days ago, I decided to call and check. They said they would be coming 30 days prior to sailing, so I'm expecting them soon.

I'm sailing on August 1st and I received my documents today. :D

I'm new to sailing...can anyone tell me if the documents should have included the daily details of the activities. Also my excursion was not included even though I have received an email from RCCL saying that I'm booked. What is the C&A number? :confused:

Pink, welcome to cruising! No the daily activities are not in your cruise documents. You will receive a daily event schedule : "The Cruise Compass" in your cabin each day. Day one is in your cabin when you arrive. The next day's itinerary will be delivered when the cabin attendant makes up your cabin each evening.

Your excursion tickets will be delivered to your cabin as well. Maybe not when you first arrive, but by that evening. Bring your email with you just in case. If you don't get your tickets the first day, go to the shore excursion desk with your email and they will resolve things for you.

After you've sailed with RCCL the first time, you can join the repeaters club called the Crown & Anchor society. This membership will assign you a C & A number. As you are new to cruising, I am assuming you don't have one of these yet. If you enjoy your cruise and expect to cruise in the future, be sure to apply for the C & A. There are usually membership forms in your cabin, or you can apply online at the RCCL site after you complete your first cruise.

Bon Voyage!

Our cruise doesn't sail until August 28th on the Serenade, so guess we'll be among the last to get docs...........

Has anybody figured out who gets e-docs and why ? I still like the spiral booklet as a souvenir, and our TA said we're getting those, so I sure hope she's right! There was a small group of 8 cabins who went on the Radiance last October (Hawaii cruise ahhhhhhhh) and only one of those got e-docs.........and that person didn't buy RCCL air, transfers or insurance........and they were the only ones who didn't buy any of those things. We got the RCCL insurance this time, but did our own air and transfers (limo), so I'm still hoping............... :confused:

Enchantment on August 14th here..........no docs yet, just got new C & A mag today. No coupons for me, EVER. (love those Friends coupons, though!)

Got something I've never gotten before, though. Several weeks ago (4? 5?), I received a "personalized" (it had the names of all three of us on the front) "Explorations! Shore Excursion Guide" for our cruise.

It has our "Cruise Summary" in the front, then some GENERAL explanations of travel documents, without the actual travel documents. (no forms to fill in, etc.) That takes up the first six pages of the book.

Then pages 7 - 36 are about the shore excursions for our week-long cruise to New England and Canada, in far greater detail than on the website. Here, you can sign up not only for an excursion, but for the specific departure time, when there are several choices. I think that this is a real plus, since we would rather have an early excursion, followed by our own use of free time in the port before re-boarding the Enchantment.

Oh, and there are pages which you COULD fill out if you didn't do them online. (but I did that long ago)

Carol

We're leaving on the Mariner on 8/7- spoke with my TA yesterday. Docs were already mailed and should be here today.

I know it's kind of early- but I've already started packing and trying NOT to listen to the negative comments about cruising during H-season.

Just getting away with my family is enough for me.

We sail Aug 21st and no docs yet either. we booked through a travel agent. i have a question....i was looking at the shore excursions and wanted to book them but they say i need a reservation number...i assume i have to wait for the documents to get that right? i don't see it anywhere on the paperwork my travel agent gave me. do you think i will be ok, if i wait to prebook the shore excursions until i get my docs? most of what i am booking are beach related things, i don't think they will fill up quickly.

thanks,

gina

Sailing August 7th out of Philly. Received my documents a few days ago. I don't know if it matters, but we completed our boarding documents and excursion requests weeks ago online. The package included preprinted boarding documents and excursion reservations along with luggage tags.

Sailing August 7th out of Philly. Received my documents a few days ago. I don't know if it matters, but we completed our boarding documents and excursion requests weeks ago online. The package included preprinted boarding documents and excursion reservations along with luggage tags.
What you received is perfect - you are ready to go. You'll just give them your credit card at check-in, and next thing you know, you'll be standing in front of the ship's photographer, having your boarding picture taken!

Take good care of the Enchantment for us - we'll be getting on as you reluctantly get off!

Carol

Hey Merion Mom!

I have family living in Merion~! Small World~!

But, can't wait to get my mutts on our docs........got about a month more to wait.......ho hummmmmmmmmmmmm!

Wanna email me and see if I know 'em? A U C 7 5 3 at the biggest ISP in business.

Carol

Archived