AUGUST Cruisers: Got Documents Yet?

Going on the Radiance Aug 6th... booked thru TA and haven't gotten documents yet.

In March, we booked at the very last minute on Mariner thru a TA. Booked on Friday... cruise left on Sunday. It was even too late to fill out the online Boarding Document on the RCI web page. Had absolutely no problem checking in. Porters at the dock had bag tags for us to put on our luggage.

Are documents more for peace of mind? Just curious. Don't get me wrong. I'm hoping my documents will show up but if they don't I'm still going to show up at the terminal.

Tim

I called my TA tonight and she's calling to find out tomorrow for me. But she said it's typically 8-10 days before! I can't understand that if so many are getting their docs for cruises after mine!

Are documents more for peace of mind? Just curious. Don't get me wrong. I'm hoping my documents will show up but if they don't I'm still going to show up at the terminal.

Tim

Well it is a big deal if you need transfers to get from the airport to the pier, although it is possible that they will have the information if you show up without them. I personally think it is for peace of mind, so you do not get to the pier and find some overzealous pier (non-cruise line) employee telling you that you are not allowed into the terminal without proof that you are on the cruise. My TA told me that at least one line is going e-ticket at the end of the year.

Anyway, I am still waiting for a response who claimed that they could not complete their cruise planning without the hardcopy docs. That's what really has me baffled.

I wonder if those of us receiving docs 4-5 weeks in advance booked directly with RCCL. I booked through a TA with my first cruise and received the docs 10 days before. Since then, I have always booked directly with RCCL and always received docs weeks in advance.

Voyager 8/12- rec'd docs for one cabin today (my hump balcony). Awaiting docs for Promenade cabin. Doin' Doc dance. Booked on phone with a large internet agency (like the personal service of one agent there). Docs come from their central office. Should see Promenade docs tomorrow. Loved to see Platinum on Docs!

Guest OBAYbee
Hi there - are you flying in early to San Juan? We fly in on Friday 19th (one day on the beach to relax ) - all adds to the excitement.

Yeah, we are flying in 1 day pre-cruise. We are staying at the Westin Rio Del Mar.

Ok - everyone is dancing but me....I know it's still early for my 8/21 Enchantment cruise but I'm really worried I won't have anyone to dance with when my docs come. Will someone save the last dance for me???

Patty

We are sailing on RCCL's Radiance out of Vancouver on August 20th. I am so glad i saw this post, because I've been a little paranoid myself that we didn't receive documents yet! I guess now I'll have to be patient...

Talked to my TA today and she said I should hopefully have them by Friday! But I'm surprised they're coming USPS instead of a delivery service.

Who shipped them? RCCL or your TA? I got my stuff shipped (by RCCL) via UPS last week and was surprised to see they shipped it ground, which took over a week to arrive from California to New York. At least if they had sent it USPS Priority Mail, I probably would have had it in 2-3 days. And I doubt it would have cost more (in fact it probably would have been les).

Archived