10237228396_e2a7c4990f.jpg

DSCN1372 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10237238156_9022d453bc.jpg

DSCN1378 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10237250775_62b217a0d8.jpg

DSCN1380 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10237146304_d9d8aaf63c.jpg

DSCN1381 by Virtopia, on Flickr

After I was done on deck 5, I walked around some other parts of the ship that were still rocking before finally heading to bed around 12:30am. I knew it would be a long day tomorrow heading back home and I knew I'd need some sleep to prepare me for it.

Surprisingly, I was ready to go home.

I woke up around 7:30am and my call time was 7:45am ... yea, I had no intention of making it as I had arranged to share a cab to the airport with the two sisters and their call time was 9:45am. I didn't leave my room until 8:30am.

I met the sisters in the Safari Club and we didn't get called until about 10:15am. My luggage was the last one sitting in my area, which made it extremely easy to find. They had security dogs in the customs area and some people got pulled out of line - why anyone would risk trying to bring something back, I have no idea. Once we all finally got through customs, we met up with a couple who was on the Coconut Beach excursion with us so we all shared a cab to the airport, which really cut down the cost. To think, if I went by myself it would've been $22 but it was only $6.

When you get to the airport, you have to go through the agriculture line first and get a sticker on your luggage before you can proceed with check in. Now, we got to the airport around 11:15am and my flight wasn't until 2:40pm. Thank goodness I love reading! We met up with many other people, including Gladys and her DH and other people from various excursions so it was a nice little reunion before we all got on our individual flights.

The first leg of my flight took me to Philadelphia, which was about 4 hours. I slept during most of it. I had a two hour layover and I didn't land in Toronto until minutes after 10pm. My dad and sister picked me up and lucky for me, the weather was still very nice and beautiful! I thought it would've been freezing. I didn't get through my front door until 11:15pm. So, it was a very long day for me, but the conclusion to a wonderful vacation.

Overall, I had a great time, right from the start of my vacation in the airport hotel until the very end when I was walking back through my front door. I met some great people, had too many laughs and enjoyed some quality me time every day. I saw some amazingly beautiful islands that I hope to visit again.

The Jewel of the Seas is a wonderful ship and I think it's perfect for the Southern Caribbean itineraries where you are not spending a lot of time on the ship, since it is a smaller vessel. The only negatives I can really think of were the production shows - they just weren't my cup of tea and I'm not the only one who said that.

Thanks again for everyone who followed along! I will be posting random pictures that I didn't post before over the next few posts and I'll also be going back and answering any questions I may not have gotten to. Most of the pictures will be from my iPhone.

This is my favourite photo that I took of myself! :D when you travel solo, you have to take a few self shots LOL

10237593414_3340fc7dbb.jpg

DSCN1115 by Virtopia, on Flickr

I don't remember if I shared any of them before, so I'm posting them all now! I was fortunate to have one for the last 6 nights.

10129548833_b875bf2819.jpg

DSCN1167 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10129578386_d5e2d792e6.jpg

DSCN1282 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10237919905_3967bb2688.jpg

DSCN1031 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10237819294_c8a078cbbc.jpg

DSCN1131 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10237938655_7f04668917.jpg

DSCN1360 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10237934616_e3cc14caf4.jpg

DSCN1376 by Virtopia, on Flickr

Every RCCL ship I have been on had a white night. This is the first one we missed because I was so exhausted.

Love this review. .. Hubby said hello.

I miss being on the Jewel. We had a great time. Hope everyone is doing well:)

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Forums mobile app

I'm starting to miss it too! I hope we can cruise together again in the future :)

I LOVE these two! Never seen them before, they are so funny!

10237919905_3967bb2688.jpg

DSCN1031 by Virtopia, on Flickr

10237819294_c8a078cbbc.jpg

DSCN1131 by Virtopia, on Flickr

Thank you! I actually just became a published author :D

What did you publish? Tellmetellmetellme ;)

How could I have missed your review before?! SO happy I found it!

Thank you, it was a great read.

I

It was held in the Safari Club, which hosted quite a lot of events during the week. I really like the space and I was glad I got there early as it started to fill up about 20 minutes before it started. This was the first Quest I've seen that had some new material, so I was happy to see that, but of course, we always end up with the same finale which is completely entertaining.

First of all thank you for your review. Good to see that you had a great cruise as well!

Just need to comment the Quest on our cruise: I dont consider myself as a prude compared to many here on CC, but the Quest on this cruise was such a disappointment. First of all it is just sad to see those that has prepared a bag with stuff so their team can WIN. Luckily it was, as you wrote, some new materials so those people that came prepared didnt got that satisfaction. It was priceless to follow especially one lady that looked soo disappointed when she understood that she had done a lot of preparation for nothing. Priceless!

Then, the main point: As a man, I was so disappointed with the final of the Quest this time: "The beauty contest". I dont think ONE of them mentioned a normal occupation when they pretended to be "beautiful" women. All of these men presented their "figure" as prostitute, pole dancer, stripper etc. It say something on their values in my mind. Yes I understand that the Quest is supposed to be funny for "adults only", but is it necessary to make it so tacky? (It was my 5th Quest btw - but this was the worst by far..)

First of all thank you for your review. Good to see that you had a great cruise as well!

Just need to comment the Quest on our cruise: I dont consider myself as a prude compared to many here on CC, but the Quest on this cruise was such a disappointment. First of all it is just sad to see those that has prepared a bag with stuff so their team can WIN. Luckily it was, as you wrote, some new materials so those people that came prepared didnt got that satisfaction. It was priceless to follow especially one lady that looked soo disappointed when she understood that she had done a lot of preparation for nothing. Priceless!

Then, the main point: As a man, I was so disappointed with the final of the Quest this time: "The beauty contest". I dont think ONE of them mentioned a normal occupation when they pretended to be "beautiful" women. All of these men presented their "figure" as prostitute, pole dancer, stripper etc. It say something on their values in my mind. Yes I understand that the Quest is supposed to be funny for "adults only", but is it necessary to make it so tacky? (It was my 5th Quest btw - but this was the worst by far..)

Thanks for stopping in!

I have to agree with you. Although I always enjoy the Quest, this was one of the lower ranked ones for me. I was sitting all the way in the back so I didn't notice anyone with bags - I'm surprised they allowed them since Carly B was pretty adamant about it.

The naming of the occupations were foolish and outlandish. I like it better when they say their real occupations.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I was completely captivated by your review and your photos, Virtopia, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to share your cruise with us. We leave at the end of next week, but I will feel like I am getting right back on the ship after seeing all the pictures, I feel very familiar with it now!

You certainly have a gift for telling the story in words and pictures.;)

Ernie

Here are more pictures of the church for you! :) It was beautiful.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the church. Which island was the church located? Also, what excursion did you take to visit the church?

Thanks!

Edited by jt1120

I'm not the person doing the review but I have been to El Morro a few times. Much of it is accessable in a wheelchair. There are areas that you wouldn't be able to get into certainly but you can definitely get a good flavor for most of it.

However, be forewarned, it is a looong walk from the street up to the fort!!!

I LOVE these two! Never seen them before, they are so funny!

What did you publish? Tellmetellmetellme ;)

How could I have missed your review before?! SO happy I found it!

Thank you, it was a great read.

Thank you!!

I wrote a short story that's going to be in a Chicken Soup for the Soul collection coming out next month. I'm really excited about it :D

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for posting the pictures of the church. Which island was the church located? Also, what excursion did you take to visit the church?

Thanks!

You are most welcomed! :)

That was the beginning of the Spencer Ambrose tour in St Lucia. It was really close to the port though, maybe 7 minutes after we left the ship.

However, be forewarned, it is a looong walk from the street up to the fort!!!

Yes, I was going to say this as well. Everyone was taking breaks halfway up the walk, myself included. I know it would be much harder with a wheelchair, so be prepared.