Preview/Review of Allure of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean Oct 13 - 20, 2013

7x5090g

Thank you, Andy, for the TERRIFIC job you've done on your posts and pictures. I've printed out the daily Cruise Compasses (sp?) and am studying them carefully.

I did have one question, what non-RCCL tour company did you use in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten for your island tour and how long was the excursion? You stated that you had used them the last time you were in St. Maarten so I'm sure that meant that you were more than happy with them and the price.

Thanks, again, for the posting, I've really enjoyed it!!

Judi (and DH-Jim)

Send me an email and I will respond with the details. I am not sure we are allowed to mention companies on the boards here (advertising not allowed).

for my email address, just add "@rogers.com" to my screen name. (the "0"s in my screen name are zeros not O's)

Thought you might like this...a video as we took off from FLL on Runway 10L...Just double click on the picture to play the video...

th_IMGP2612.jpg

My ears actually popped as the plane ascended...seriously. Very odd. Anyway, wonderful job, Andy! I thoroughly enjoyed your review. Well done.

Brilliant review I really enjoyed it. We were on this cruise too. Seeing that picture in the deck 9 port lobby of the girl in pink brought back memories, it was just round the corner from our room and was the only way of knowing I was in the right area :D

Brilliant review I really enjoyed it. We were on this cruise too. Seeing that picture in the deck 9 port lobby of the girl in pink brought back memories, it was just round the corner from our room and was the only way of knowing I was in the right area :D

Wow that's how I remembered my cabin too. I was in one of the forward inside cabins 9456, lol

I sent him the pictures with him, the waiter Laurentiu and he wrote me back. It was an absolute pleasure dining at his table. We didn't skip one dinner. Didn't check out any specialty restaurant. Looks like I will leave that for next time.

thanks again, Andy, for a great review and some wonderful pics as well...enjoyed cruising with you as a fellow roll call member :)

You are welcome. Too bad it was too little time and too big of a ship. Didn't even bump into you outside of the meet and mingle. And I agree the meet and mingle turned too much into a sales pitch by RCCI and the set up was not very social friendly as we hardly was able to talk to each other.

It was fun with the gift exchange - I still don't know who got my bottle of Maple Syrup, something I can only think of that is local in Canada :D

Will see you again some time on the high seas I guess...

Hello Andy, I totally loved this review. Thank you so much for sharing your cruise like this. We'll be on the Allure in just two weeks. I haven't been this excited about a cruise in years. In recent years, I haven't gotten that butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling until I laid eyes on the ship. But I'm there already, thanks to your review. It was great.

This seemed to be a big thing as we would otherwise have to pay for this (Yes in the MDR menu you would have lobster everynight if you wanted to pay for it).

How much extra would you have to pay for the lobster on the other nights?

Taking 3 other first timers on a tour to St Maarten could not be complete without a stop at SXM (Princess Julianna Airport - or at least the beach behind it). This time around I did some research and made sure that I arrived in time for the biggest jet that would be landing that day.

Arrived at Sunset Grill around 12:48, took a look at the flight schedule here written on a surf board (and yes they also have a speaker there broadcasting the air traffic control between the tower and the aircrafts).

DSC01815.jpg

Since Air France from Paris was slightly late (later than the posted time of 1:19) we ordered our food first. 30 minutes later, still no plane...BUT what's worse was food was also late. My pina colada was getting warm and all we got were tiny prop planes. Then........THIS HAPPENED!!!

ALL THE WAY FROM PARIS, PRESENTING Air France flight 3510

DSC01819.jpg

Andy

We were there too!!! But our Bernards tour was with the driver David and my other half was the one up front in charge of cooler with rum punch etc. wasn't Maho quite a place!

• 3 weeks later...