Preview/Review of Allure of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean Oct 13 - 20, 2013

7x5090g

This morning I got up and was greeted by this in elevator...

Yeah it's like laughing at us or something. Like I said earlier, didn't think any other cruise lines remind pax everyday like this.

CRU_5459.jpg

We booked a second sitting of the character's breakfast so we found ourselves back at the Adagio (ah yes Laurentiu was there)

DSC01867.jpg

Today was another busy day. Part II of the napkin folding workshop, towel fokding and balloon twisting were back to back.

I caught these guys outside at the Starbucks

CRU_5319.jpg

Been on board for 7 days and today was my first to try out Sorrento the pizza joint. Didn't know you could create your own personal pizza at the pizza station and this was a late discovery. (No I didn't ask about the gluten free dough but hey I was on vacation. I am sure my doctor wouldn't mind :p)

CRU_5284.jpg

A slice of Seafood version of the pre made ones...

CRU_5282.jpg

Let see if I could repeat what we did so far:

8:00 Breakfast

9:00 Boogie Board

9:30 Napkin Folding

10:30 Towel Folding

11:30 A dip in the pool

12:00 Pizza at Sorrento

12:30 Madagasgar show at Aqua Theater.....

CRU_5295.jpg

CRU_5305.jpg

Now we were only at 13:30 on Day 7...

After the show at the Aqua theater, I took another scroll around and took these..

CRU_5288.jpg

CRU_5287.jpg

I almost missed this nice lounge on Deck 17

CRU_5234.jpg

And the entrance to the loft suites

CRU_5269.jpg

Shot this after the crowd cleared the Madagasgar show...

CRU_5225.jpg

And I just noticed this... of two nights with rain, I could have borrowed one of these (on either end of Central Park)- How thoughtful of RCI

CRU_5308.jpg

15:00 - Time to head to Studio B for the final Ice Game Show.

CRU_5362.jpg

CRU_5392.jpg

And this was a special performance. Ok I have seen Hula Hoops perforance before but first time I was seeing someone do this on skates on a rocking ship!!!!

CRU_5375.jpg

You have really did a well thought-out review of your vacation.

I really enjoyed it!

Your pictures....well....NICE

Beautiful family!!!!!

Too think in 39 weeks it will be our turn again.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

After the show, the kids went back to the pool for ONE LAST Dip :( before dinner. Sadly, I had the task of going back to my cabin to pack :(

Took these interesting shots somewhere/some time during the week.

CRU_5177.jpg

CRU_4743.jpg

CRU_4431.jpg

CRU_4818.jpg

Edited by 7x5090g

:eek:Took the long walk to Adagio along the jogging track

Very timely message that i just noticed on the ceiling, especially the fact that I was just heading over to dinner...

CRU_5461.jpg

And just as I was stopping to admire the ocean, I saw this...:confused::eek: - Better get moving

CRU_5395.jpg

After 6 good night sleeps, last night was one that would be full of tossing and turning. I set the alarm for 5:30am on my iPhone for this morning so I could actually watch the ship dock. No such luck. The alarm was set for 5:30am alright BUT I turned on the alarm for a weekday only. It’s freaking SUNDAY. DW’s alarm clock beeped me out of bed at 06:00 and the 225000 ton AOTS was already sitting at Pier 18.

Got everyone out of bed in record time, we had luggage tag # 2 so we could be off the boat by 7:20. Took all our carry-ons into Windjammer and the place was jumping. In front of us were 2 ladies, fresh pool towels in their hand, flip flops AND zero luggage in their hands. Arghh….I hate them……back-to-back cruisers. The lady at the Windjammer entrance greeted them and quickly offered a “welcome back” wish for yet another 8 days of fun. Rain was falling outside……

Breakfast was fast. Sitting at the Windjammer hoping our tag numbers are called….7:15, 7:20, 7:25…. No call...what on earth is going on. THEN WE FOUND OUT, there was no broadcasting of departures in Windjammer. Took all our bags and headed down to the PR to drop off a final guest survey. Asked the gangway staff and was told Tag # 5 had just been called. It was 7:35. Got herded off the ship and proceeded to get our bags.

The arrival all was massive and the porters are already offloading bags with tag 60. Such an efficient team of people.

Bags in hand and we proceeded to CBP checkpoints. Only 5 counters were open but the line was moving steadily. By the time we got to the front, 10 CBP agents were there. Lucky us we were following a couple and I guess he declared some cigars AND he left them in his suit case. Next thing I know he is suit case was opened and the cigars were removed for further inspection. That took another 10 minutes but at the end we were out of the arrival hall heading towards the taxi stand. By 9:00am, we were sitting at FLL Terminal 2 waiting for the Air Canada Counters to open. Our flight was at 12:15 so looks like a little bit more time to kill.

3 hours later, after going through security, at the gate we took a last look at AOTS….

photo-12.jpg

VACATION IS OVER…………………………………………..

I really enjoyed reading your review. Since reading the first page, I convinced DH to cruise again. We are going on Allure next year for Thanksgiving. Reading your review knowing we will be able to see this ship is now so much more exciting. Wishing your family continued happy travels,

Barb

I really enjoyed reading your review. Since reading the first page, I convinced DH to cruise again. We are going on Allure next year for Thanksgiving. Reading your review knowing we will be able to see this ship is now so much more exciting. Wishing your family continued happy travels,

Barb

Thanks for your kind words. You will enjoy it for sure..

Thank you, Andy, for the TERRIFIC job you've done on your posts and pictures. I've printed out the daily Cruise Compasses (sp?) and am studying them carefully.

I did have one question, what non-RCCL tour company did you use in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten for your island tour and how long was the excursion? You stated that you had used them the last time you were in St. Maarten so I'm sure that meant that you were more than happy with them and the price.

Thanks, again, for the posting, I've really enjoyed it!!

Judi (and DH-Jim)