Which is better on Breakaway, Deck 5 Oceanview or Deck 10 Inside?

suzannebander

Limayalchemist, if the sofa converts to a double bed, then 2 kids can sleep on it, but that's what I'm not sure of - whether it's a single or a double bed. It'll accommodate 5 folks in the room then. Never explored the option to open it up.

Also not sure which category it was!

You'll LOVE he Breakaway! :)

Edited by BluMama

Limayalchemist, if the sofa converts to a double bed, then 2 kids can sleep on it, but that's what I'm not sure of - whether it's a single or a double bed. It'll accommodate 5 folks in the room then. Never explored the option to open it up.

Also not sure which category it was!

You'll LOVE he Breakaway! :)

Thanks everyone. I just called the upgrade fairy, and we are now in two side by side balcony cabins! So much more room for us all, and two bathrooms. Handy when traveling with four girls LOL.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Thanks for the comments! We just got "upgraded" from an inside on deck 11 to oceanview 5790! Hesitant to go all the way down to deck 5, but it sounds like it worked out ok for everyone.

I know it's been awhile since this was posted, but I am curious. We are booked in 5790 in a few weeks for a trip to Bermuda. I would greatly appreciate any comments you (or anyone else) may have regarding the location, any noise and ease of getting to and from elevators, stairs and public areas. Thanks so much! Can't wait for our trip!

Ordinarily, I'd say an ocean view would trump an inside, but in this case, the OV on deck 5 is below the public areas in deck 6, theaters, restaurants etc. You might get a lot of late night noise from above you. The deck 10 inside is sandwiched between decks of cabins only and would be quieter.

So it really depends on how much you think you might be bothered by noise. If you have a specific cabin number, someone who has stayed there might to able to let you know if there were any noise issues.

I personally have been torn between oceanveiw deck 5 or a balcony midship,,,and I believe you just convinced me to go for balcony,,lol The noise above me would make me crazy !! ( was considering OV to save dd some money, but Im just going to spring for the balcony for us I think) Thx!!

We had 5728 on the Breakaway in March and loved the cabin. Loved the location...we were not far from the stairs to deck 6 where the Atrium is. Not sure what we were under exactly but we never had an issue with noise. There is no couch or even a chair, just a stool type thing under the desk but it was fine. I would stay in that same exact cabin anytime!

Thanks everyone. I just called the upgrade fairy, and we are now in two side by side balcony cabins! So much more room for us all, and two bathrooms. Handy when traveling with four girls LOL.

I've been out of the cruise world for awhile. I booked an OV on the 5th floor but the more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to upgrade to midship balcony. This "fairy" you speak of... Do I just call NCL and try to get a good deal on upgrading? I'm clueless and if there's a right way to go about it I'd like to know. I'm going to do a search AFTER I post this : P