Which is better on Breakaway, Deck 5 Oceanview or Deck 10 Inside?

suzannebander

Hi there!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Suzanne

NCL Star Western Caribbean March 2013

NCL Breakaway Bahamas March 2014

If being close to the Buffet is important, than deck 10 is better. If having a window in the room is important, than deck 5 is better.

IOW the answer to your question really depends on what YOU consider to be "better". Just because I like or dislike it, doesn't automatically mean that you will feel the same way.

Which cabin do YOU feel is better for YOUR needs?

Hi there!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Suzanne

NCL Star Western Caribbean March 2013

NCL Breakaway Bahamas March 2014

Ordinarily, I'd say an ocean view would trump an inside, but in this case, the OV on deck 5 is below the public areas in deck 6, theaters, restaurants etc. You might get a lot of late night noise from above you. The deck 10 inside is sandwiched between decks of cabins only and would be quieter.

So it really depends on how much you think you might be bothered by noise. If you have a specific cabin number, someone who has stayed there might to able to let you know if there were any noise issues.

I personally would rather have a window in a bad location than an inside in a good location.

Agree, also there is less Motion on the lower decks.:)

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Forums mobile app

I agree.....a window is better anytime!! :)

Not matter what the location!

Don

We had an ocean view on deck 5 and it was wonderful. The room was more spacious than our friends family balcony mini suite. The inside cabins looked rather small on the breakaway, and there are also inside inside cabins ( double rows of inside cabins). I would def take the ocean view .

Either cabin it will be a great trip

Safe sailing

This is really good to know because we're sailing tomorrow on the Breakaway to Bermuda and will be on deck 5 (family oceanview) below the library area.

I'll let ya'll know how it was when we return next weekend :)

Edited by BluMama

• 2 weeks later...

This room was excellent for us! There was no rocking felt - especially on the way back when we hit rough seas due to the rain.

Getting on/off while in Bermuda was a breeze as we had to go just one deck down. In fact, we could see everyone come & go clearly from our port side window, which was entertaining :)

We were right by the elevators too. Straight up to the 12th floor took us right to Splash Academy which our son LOVED!

I would highly recommend the room location & would try to snag it next time we sail on the Breakaway. AWESOME ship by the way! :) Need to go on it again!

I'm sailing next Sun on the Breakaway in the Family Ocean View. I can not find any pics of the room anywhere. According to the schematic on NCL's page it looks like there's a sitting area and lots of room compared to a balcony cabin. Is this true for those of you who have stayed in this cabin? Is there a bed from the ceiling that drops down too? Trying to figure out how we will be sleeping 5 in here. Thanks!

That is great to hear. We have a OV on Deck 5 starboard side on Breakaway in February and was a bit concerned about being under the public areas but my TA got us a room under a quiet area. Can't wait to explore the ship!

I can say one thing about deck 10 balcony~~I felt my neighbor on my right was in my cabin and my neighbor on my left was in my cabin~~never felt that way before~~heard a lot! Good thing I never was in my cabin much~~always out! I rocked out on Saturday coming back from Bermuda~~was in very back of ship~~but I never get sea sick~~thank God!:)

Just my opinion-I like to be higher up the ship. I only ever book an inside or a balcony-depending on price differences. A window vs inside-you can turn on the light, TV webcam. I like to be between the atrium and the top deck, so an ocean view being lower down doesn't suit. Often I've been told I can have an ocean view for the same price as an inside, but I reject the offer. I think I would feel confined, looking at the ocean, but not being able to open the window. Besides on Sea days when often the afternoon doesn't have much on I'll go back to my cabin for a nanna nap.

I love the balcony the best as you can open the doors, smell the ocean, look down at it etc. etc. Keep your eyes on the prices for your sailing. We were assigned a deck 5 inside, but as the prices dropped we were able to upgrade to a balcony for an extra $180. It was deck 14. We loved it. We thought we would hear noise from the garden buffet, but we didn't seem to hear much at all. I find the motion of the ocean tends to rock me to sleep anyway. We also like attending all the night time activities, dinner, show, music, theme parties etc -so we're often not in bed until approx. late evening/midnight. Enjoy your cruise no matter where your cabin is!

I prefer inside to ocean view. Ocean view works like a tease for me and just makes me frustrated that I can't open the window and hear/smell the ocean or get some fresh air. Inside at least, I don't think about the possibility of it. But of course, nothing beats balcony when you can afford it. Really cool to watch sunset (or sunrise) while sipping a glass of wine! (or watch the bustling when ship gets to port). I also use the balcony when the water gets rough and I feel slightly sea sick at night (the fresh air helps).

Edited by opalinem

We tried the aft balcony and did not enjoy it - too rocky & it made us nauseous. A separate seating area and a view is all we desired, not necessarily the ability to smell the ocean etc. Again, we just got very sea sick.

This room on deck 5 does have a seating area that can be separated by a curtain. So basically, if one wants to sleep while the other watches tv or has the light on in the seating area, you can pull the curtain and not be affected by the lights on. So that was a plus.

Yes, there is single bed that drops from the ceiling. The sofa converts to a bed too, but I do not know if it's single or double as we never used it.

Setsail1975, our cabin # was 5750, so you'll have an idea when you sail.

Edited by BluMama

Thanks Blumama , finally someone has responded to my room question:) We are right by that cabin you stayed in. I've been searching on YouTube , but I found 1 small glimpse of it. My husband didn't believe me that a bed dropped from the ceiling. I thought I saw it up there when we sailed on the Epic. We never had it brought down. My in laws who are traveling with us got upgraded from there to a balcony, complimentary. But I rather have stayed in this category , since the cabin sq footage is bigger.

I'm sailing next Sun on the Breakaway in the Family Ocean View. I can not find any pics of the room anywhere. According to the schematic on NCL's page it looks like there's a sitting area and lots of room compared to a balcony cabin. Is this true for those of you who have stayed in this cabin? Is there a bed from the ceiling that drops down too? Trying to figure out how we will be sleeping 5 in here. Thanks!

If you get a chance Setsail1975, please post a photo of the family oceanview. We are sailing in that cabin type on deck 5 in four weeks, and am eager to see the size of the room.

Thanks...and enjoy!

medude5y.jpgenezu6yh.jpgju6u9e6a.jpg

Some photos I took. Don't know if they are helpful. I didn't take any of the bathroom or the closet spaces.

In the first pic, as you walk in and see the bed on the left, there is a good amount of closet space (which includes shelving & standard security safe box) right next to the bed. Also, behind that curtain is another closet which is smaller but still spacious enough (has a top & lower shelf which are deep).

The small fridge is located by the adults leg in pic 2. Some shelving/cabinets in there too.

Window fits kid easily :) I used to sit there myself & read or just look out. It has a curtain which blocks out light very well. Port days in Bermuda were nice since we could see lively activity if folks getting on/off the ship & those running away from the dressed up captains & parrots for photo opportunities :)

Hope this helps :)

Edited by BluMama

The OV cabins on the Breakaway have a sofa whereas the insides do not. Also, the corridor on Deck 5 is much wider than the other decks so there is less maneuvering around the stewards' carts. Generally I don't think the price differences are warranted for an OV cabin so we would pick an inside if we don't want to spend on a balcony, however, when price is equal I would pick a window over a higher deck.

medude5y.jpgenezu6yh.jpgju6u9e6a.jpg

Some photos I took. Don't know if they are helpful. I didn't take any of the bathroom or the closet spaces.

In the first pic, as you walk in and see the bed on the left, there is a good amount of closet space (which includes shelving & standard security safe box) right next to the bed. Also, behind that curtain is another closet which is smaller but still spacious enough (has a top & lower shelf which are deep).

The small fridge is located by the adults leg in pic 2. Some shelving/cabinets in there too.

Window fits kid easily :) I used to sit there myself & read or just look out. It has a curtain which blocks out light very well. Port days in Bermuda were nice since we could see lively activity if folks getting on/off the ship & those running away from the dressed up captains & parrots for photo opportunities :)

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, the photos are great, as are the !!s! Was this an OA or O1, O2, etc. I can see that this sleeps up to 5 as it has the sofa bed and pull down bed in the ceiling. We are sailing this way in 4 weeks, but who's counting! Is there plenty of room for 2 adults and 3 kids?

Thanks...