Mercury Vacancies

flowy

I checked travelocity recently and saw a lot of vacant cabins for the December 12th sailing. Also checked the rate and it seems to be holding at the rate for the last few months. Any chance the cruise will be cancelled?

Any chance for a reduction?? Seems to be a lot of vacant cabins.....

I checked travelocity recently and saw a lot of vacant cabins for the December 12th sailing. Also checked the rate and it seems to be holding at the rate for the last few months. Any chance the cruise will be cancelled?

Any chance for a reduction?? Seems to be a lot of vacant cabins.....

Hi Flowy !

That is typically a slow time (before Christmas), and there is always a chance the price will go down. I also have been noticing that Mercury seems to not be selling very well. I see her on the Happy Hour list quite a bit these days.

As for them cancelling the sailing, I would say not very likely. Keep checking the prices, and make sure to call your TA if you see any price drops. Good Luck !

Gee, what is the "happy hour" list? I've been checking travelocity almost daily and no change in the price.... Should I check elsewhere? My TA is not really shall we say, with it. Thanks

Gee, what is the "happy hour" list? I've been checking travelocity almost daily and no change in the price.... Should I check elsewhere? My TA is not really shall we say, with it. Thanks

Hi Flowy !

Most all TA's get a Happy Hour list each week, that has specials on it. The problem with Happy Hours, is that they are usually very close to the sailing date.... sort of like last minute specials. By the time the Happy Hour specials are released for your sailing date, you will have already made final payment on your current booking, and they wont give you the Happy Hour Price.

The only way a Happy Hour special can work for you, is if you want to gamble, and cancel your booking... and see if your sailing shows up on a Happy Hour special in October or November. Frankly, I dont recommend that idea though. There are MANY reasons why I do not recommend it, but it would take too long to get into.

Probably, the best thing you can do, is just keep checking for specials or price reductions. Keep calling your TA, and ask them to re-check the price from time to time. Hopefully, you will get lucky, and get a better price.

Good Luck !

Andy -- Thanks for the update! I love Celebrity and will keep checking. However, it is easy to be lured during the checking process to other lines. We have been on Princess, Holland, etc.

We loved the Summit -- hope we like the Mercury as well.

Any thoughts???? We usually take the larger cabins, currently in Sky Suites but it does not measure up to some of the suites we have been on...

You know, I had the same question when I read this thread before. I did a thread title search using "happy hour" and found this web address:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/happy_hour/

It is a listing of the sales for Royal Carribean and Celebrity. Once you have the info you can call your TA and book a cruise, if you want. But Host Andy is right, the deals are only on new bookings so they won't be of much help in your case.

Keep checking Travelocity and the Celebrity site for price drops tho' as that is your best bet for getting a reduction on an existing cruise.

Good luck!

Andy -- Thanks for the update! I love Celebrity and will keep checking. However, it is easy to be lured during the checking process to other lines. We have been on Princess, Holland, etc.

Any thoughts???? We usually take the larger cabins, currently in Sky Suites but it does not measure up to some of the suites we have been on...

We sailed in a SS on Merury last Nov. Be sure to get one on Deck 12 (Sky deck), they have much larger decks & I personally recommend getting one with a forward facing cut out deck--much better to look around! We were in 1215, I have pix if youre interested.

We also loved the Summit prior to sailing Mercury. We had an aft FV cabin, so we had a ton of room & deck space & loved it, but the bathroom was not as nice nor as big as in a SS. The SS's on the M class ships don't have as large of a balcony as on Sky deck on the C class ships.

Our choices are to book SS's on Sky deck on C class ships & get either a CC or an FV aft on the M class Celebrity ships!

The 11 night cruise on Mercury departing San Diego on Jan. 2, 2006 seems to be selling well. We booked our RS in February because the price was too good to pass up - $2,931.00 per passenger. The PH and all RS have been booked, and there are only 4 SS left all of which are on the Penthouse Deck ($2,250.00 per pax) - which means smaller verandas than on the Sky Deck.

I also noticed that several other categories are closed, even though this cruise is six months away - however the prices up and down the board look pretty good.

We had a RS last February for about that price and booked again for next February (Valentines day cruise) at the going price of about $3,300 per person. Hoping that it will come down a bit but with oil prices on the rise, I don't expect it.

We have had the same cabin on the Mercury for the past three cruises, and now it really feels like home. Our only wish is if we could only keep our same butler, rather than having to retrain a new one every time! LOL:D

Rick

Hi Flowy !

We also loved Summit. Summit is one of the best ships in Celebrity's fleet.

Yes, Mercury is a little smaller, but she is an absolutely wonderful ship. We have been on Mercury several times. The only reason we do not sail on her now, is that we are unable to travel to the West Coast. If she were on the East Coast, I would sail on her in a heartbeat !

I am very sure you will love Mercury. Feel free to ask any questions.

Enjoy your Cruise !

We are looking to book the Mercury to the Mexican Riveira, we haven't been to those ports with the exception of Acapulco. Is the Mercury a good choice of Celeb ships?

Linda

Hi Linda !

Is Mercury a good choice ? Without a doubt !

Mercury is an absolutely wonderful ship. If you are thinking about sailing on her, I would not hesitate to make the booking.

When Mercury was based on the East Coast, we sailed on her all the time. Unfortunately, we are unable to travel to the West Coast. If Mercury ever came back here, we would be right back on her.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks everyone for the feedback!! We will be checking the Happy Hour listings on Friday and hoping for a price reduction. We are in Sky Suite 1221 right now, and it seems it is one of the largest verandahs. Loved the corner aft verandah on the Summit and it seems like it is about the same size.

Happy sailing!

We are also considering the 12/12/05 Mercury sailing to the Mexican Riviera. Have been watching prices for a few months through all sorts of websites. Not much movement.

Calling Celebrity direct gave me the 55+ discount, plus one class upgrade for an OV to category 5. Was trying to find out if the CC offered any recent coupons for this sailing, like RCCL does. Anyone know?

If I book directly with X, will they lower price if it goes down? They should if they guarantee their prices.

Also any reason not to book direct, since I did all the research work myself? Was thinking possibly X might be more willing to upgrade those clients they booked directly.

today we discovered a 5 night pacific north west cruise,on the mercury with a 24 hour sale-179.00[canadian]inside-got upgrade to outside cabin for further$70.00-wow!!icon7.gif

When is the cruise? Where does it sail from -- please do tell!!!

We are also considering the 12/12/05 Mercury sailing to the Mexican Riviera. Have been watching prices for a few months through all sorts of websites. Not much movement.

Calling Celebrity direct gave me the 55+ discount, plus one class upgrade for an OV to category 5. Was trying to find out if the CC offered any recent coupons for this sailing, like RCCL does. Anyone know?

If I book directly with X, will they lower price if it goes down? They should if they guarantee their prices.

Also any reason not to book direct, since I did all the research work myself? Was thinking possibly X might be more willing to upgrade those clients they booked directly.

I called Celebrity and unfortunately, there are no discounts on the Sky Suites for 55+. HOWEVER, for a 7 day cruise on RCCL, the rate is almost half for the Carribean!!!!!

Gee, what is happening. Mercury has lots of open cabins.

Archived