Looks like carnival is testing a new beverage program

TurtleCrossing1

On that cruise they lost approx $200 from us in revenue because of how their program was run.

Am I to understand the soda package is $100 per person? I'd be in favor of NOT having it either at that cost. How did you find the other drinks in that case?

That sounds like an amicable resolution.:)

Bill

Well that backfired on me quite nicely :D

I do understand your original point though about not paying for things you don't want; but at certain economies of scale the price increase could be minimal and then the amenity would be "free" to all.

Then again, Carnival has people shelling out $6+ per day for soda. Back in the "real world" that's a ludicrous amount of soda to consume. On vacation I guess it seems normal though as the cost of convenience.

They were on a Hawaiin cruise so it was probably around 15 days in length.

Bill

That makes a lot more sense; thanks for clarifying. Still, wouldn't ones little internal buzzer go off over $200 spent on soda on vacation?

Maybe they'll get the Coke Freestyle machines?

I really, REALLY hope so. I'm in a rural area and the one and only Freestyle machine near me, at a Burger King, has been a big hit. (Raspberry Diet Coke for me, please.)

The people there showed us how the machine mixes stuff 'on the fly' (they were replacing the vanilla flavoring) and it was really nifty.

If CCL goes this route and can do so without raising the price, it'd be awesome!

I'm hoping any added costs of adding the free insulated tumbler to the Bottomless Bubbles program would be offset by the savings from using fountain soda service.

Me myself i prefer cans. But not getting a half a can that sat for awhile. So in that case I would prefer fountain pop. But one thing I did notice. When they are pouring the pop they aren't tilting the glass. Not tilting the glass causes the pop to fizz more and then you lose a lot of carbonation. JMO.

That's great news, thanks for sharing. So what prevents the mug holder from loaning their mug to friends and family? I can see people filling up their Tervis cups, etc. from the mug with the chip to beat the system.

The chip only lets you fill it every 15 minutes. Obviously you can fill it from the machine and then go to a bar and get another cup from the bartender. So, in effect you can share. Also, the machine will dispense 32 oz. each time and the cup only holds 20 oz. so you can share that way. A small cup will fit in the cup RCI gives you. You can fill it, take it out and fill the computer chipped cup.

That makes a lot more sense; thanks for clarifying. Still, wouldn't ones little internal buzzer go off over $200 spent on soda on vacation?

I'd be exhausting my 12 pack supply of 20 oz. bottles and then drinking lemonade, ice tea, water, juice from room service, etc.

I don't agree. I can't drink soda anymore. Why should I have to subsidize something I can't partake in?

Bill

I don't actually drink it either but I think that it is worth a few dollars a day to free up a staff member or two to get my 'real' drink faster :)

I don't actually drink it either but I think that it is worth a few dollars a day to free up a staff member or two to get my 'real' drink faster :)

OK you convinced me. I'll pay the extra so you can get your drinks faster.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Archived