FLL in January

ssimon

My brother is flying into FLL on Jan 11 and leaving on his cruise on the 13th. He has asked me to find nice hotel reasonable price and clean. I have looked and prices seem extremely high for these dates. Am I missing something? By the way the reason I am looking is they are in their 70's and not very computer literate! I told them I would get information for them.....thank you all for helping me look good to my brother!😀

I'm also wondering what is going on this time of year. I'm searching for a reasonable hotel as well on 1/17/14 and I'm very unmotivated to pay more than $150 due to my flight not arriving until after 11 pm. I refuse to pay $200+ to be in a hotel room for less than 12 hours:(

My brother is flying into FLL on Jan 11 and leaving on his cruise on the 13th. He has asked me to find nice hotel reasonable price and clean. I have looked and prices seem extremely high for these dates. Am I missing something? By the way the reason I am looking is they are in their 70's and not very computer literate! I told them I would get information for them.....thank you all for helping me look good to my brother!

It's peak season.

The rest of the country is cold, South Florida is warm and sunny. Expect to pay in the $150 range for a moderate hotel.

I understand it being peak season, but that doesn't provide any excuse as for why I'm finding cheaper hotels in Miami than Fort Lauderdale. I wonder if there is an "extra" ship leaving out of Port Everglades during this time or something else.

DAYS INN FORT LAUDERDALE HOLLYWOOD/AIRPORT SOUTH

2601 N 29th Avenue/I-95, I-95 and Sheridan Street, Hollywood, FL 33020 US

has rates in January in the $160s. They have free airport shuttle (til midnight) and breakfast. This is considered a VERY low rate.

I understand it being peak season, but that doesn't provide any excuse as for why I'm finding cheaper hotels in Miami than Fort Lauderdale. I wonder if there is an "extra" ship leaving out of Port Everglades during this time or something else.

Please remember that the ships only represent a portion of the tourist business. A lot of folks visit Florida this time of the year and do not cruise.

It all comes down to supply and demand and what the hotel operators think people are willing to pay.

Keith

Very little of Fort Lauderdale's tourism is from cruisers. They spend the least amount of any group of tourists to the area.

I'm also wondering what is going on this time of year. I'm searching for a reasonable hotel as well on 1/17/14 and I'm very unmotivated to pay more than $150 due to my flight not arriving until after 11 pm. I refuse to pay $200+ to be in a hotel room for less than 12 hours:(

Remember that MLK holiday lands on that Monday. Very popular long weekend all across the nation.

With your late arrival, I'd for sure look close to the airport in Dania area. Or if I were you, I'd use Pl or HW to book that one night. Just make sure you reconfirm your late arrival with the hotel the day of.

Hmmm.... Miami is huge. And as in any huge city, you can find cheaper hotels. Question is....where and what condition? :eek:

Stay out of Ft L proper and you'll find some chain hotels.

My brother is flying into FLL on Jan 11 and leaving on his cruise on the 13th. He has asked me to find nice hotel reasonable price and clean. I have looked and prices seem extremely high for these dates. !

Would be helpful to know what you consider reasonable and/or high. For two nights, seems you'd want some place in town where things are walkable. Shopping, strolls, restaurants etc. And yes, those would be the hotels most costly. maybe look at Hyatt Place North using valuetrips.com to book for the best pricing.

Thank you...I think they are going to stay at the Renaissance. I believe they need to use cabs but that was not my job to find them transportation...I booked the room! Thank you for reminding me of MLK day, I think that may be part of the reason rates are so high besides winter rates.

Archived