Parking at Cape Liberty NJ

critcatny

We will go through a checkpoint prior to getting to parking garage?

I think the checkpoint Carol refers to is this--a (restored?) guardhouse/ sentry post, a vestige of the days when what is now called Cape Liberty was a military base (the Military Ocean Terminal at Bayonne):

https://goo.gl/maps/eY5uhdbcqJs

Edited by Post Captain

• 2 weeks later...

Carol, I remember the back up coming up to the terminal...thankfully ours was less than a mile. ;-)

With the new garage, do you still drop off luggage first and then drive to the garage or do you just follow the road to the garage and bring your luggage with you to drop off as you enter the terminal?

Carol, I remember the back up coming up to the terminal...thankfully ours was less than a mile. ;-)

With the new garage, do you still drop off luggage first and then drive to the garage or do you just follow the road to the garage and bring your luggage with you to drop off as you enter the terminal?

It is basically set for drop off first and then drive to the garage. You have to follow the service road almost to the drop off before you can turn to go just to the garage.

I thought it was very bad decision to do it that way. If there were an earlier turnoff on the port road that took you directly to the garage, I think lots of folks would use it, which would alleviate the traffic backup. What were they thinking? Many folks are able manage their luggage and roll it from the garage to the terminal entrance and would prefer to do that rather than sit in a long traffic line.

• 7 months later...