Trafalgar Falls, Screw Spa & Bontanical Gardens

nautica34

Hot Sulfur Springs...

DSC_5640_zpszx2vv1ks.jpg

DSC_5641_zpssqju8aaf.jpg

Nearby was a sulfur pool spa with an odd name. Not being water, people we didn't go in. (We were told later that it was well worth a visit.)

DSC_5671_zps1udwxzz4.jpg

Instead we walked up the road a short distance to see "the lady who feeds the birds". Here are some of the birds.

DSC_5671a_zps6x7nknm5.jpg

Then back in the van to the next destination.

It started raining way too hard to visit our next destination (the Emerald Pools) and so it was off to Mero Beach and lunch at Connie's Bar. (The lunch was inexpensive and not all that good, but the beer hit the spot.)

DSC_5685_zpse8gfqtgz.jpg

DSC_5679a_zpsvtkogtrl.jpg

DSC_5681_zpshqkkmc2v.jpg

After a nice stay at the beach, it was back to the ship and off to our next adventure.

DSC_5700_zpskvyvz9ng.jpg

So, what did I think of Dominica? A wonderful stop if you more into nature than Diamonds International. The locals are very friendly and welcoming. The scenery is beautiful. I'm looking forward to returning and seeing more.

Edited by CHfromCA

I have been seeing a lot about Sisters tours on the boards. We are looking at something nonstrenuous for DH as he is mobility challenged. How strenuous was your tour with them?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

We had one person on our tour who had mobility problems, they seemed to accommodate him just fine. But, every case can be a bit different. I suggest you contact them, explain your situation, and ask for their advice.

I think Screws Spa is a must do in Dominica. I've attached a couple of pics. Don't worry that the water is the color of coffee, it doesn't stain or leave any unpleasant odor. It's really interesting and refreshing!

I love Roseau too. It's 100% non-touristy and a nice change of pace from most other cruise destinations! I'd go back in a heartbeat!

DSCF2165.jpg.b4021a5948b4704ad82374b7238456c8.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg.cae675d7bfec61cf13ab368f441b62c0.jpg

71150004.jpg.a02d01b0098a024d5cd4ffc7c2a906be.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures and comments. We have been looking for less touristy types of ports to visit in the future. I think this would be a very nice experience for us.

Was your tour independent or one offered through the cruise line?

I see a Celebrity ship in one of your pictures. Which ship were you on?

Edited by JimAOk1945

Thanks for taking the time to post your pictures and comments. We have been looking for less touristy types of ports to visit in the future. I think this would be a very nice experience for us.

Was your tour independent or one offered through the cruise line?

I see a Celebrity ship in one of your pictures. Which ship were you on?

We (almost) always prefer independent tours. We used My Sisters Tours in Dominica. Our day with them was most enjoyable.

The ship you see is Celebrity Summit.

We (almost) always prefer independent tours. We used My Sisters Tours in Dominica. Our day with them was most enjoyable.

The ship you see is Celebrity Summit.

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer my questions. Dominica looks like a beautiful place to visit. My wife and I both enjoyed looking at your pictures. We will make plans to go there sometime on a future cruise.

Happy cruising!

• 1 month later...

We just got back from a wonderful cruise on the Legend. One stop was Dominica. As we had never been there, we wanted a good tour to see the island. I had read some great reviews on My Sister Tours. Helen was all that and more. We were supposed to have a 5 hour tour. It turned into almost a 7 hour tour.

Let me state that if anyone is looking for a first class tour of Dominica, they only need to reach out to Helen. She is a wonderful hostess who, like the rest of the people we saw, has pride in this beautiful island.

http://www.mysistertours.com/About_Dominica.html

Erika

Helen had originally quoted me a couple would be $250. 8 people would be $350 and 10 people would be $400. We ended up with 8 people and we only had to pay $40pp. There was an additional $5pp for admitance to the Emerald pool for those that wished to go. For those of us that didn't, we waited in a covered area with tables and benches. Helen was so good, we all tipped her.

Erika