What did you bring back from Greece?

Lady Slipper

If you like to buy jewellery as a gift/souvenir then silver jewellery is a great buy in Greece particularly with semi precious stones - a lot of Greek jewellery is stunning in any case and with their economy there are some great bargains to be had.

Greek olive oil and herbs/spices are also good buys for any cooks too!

If you like to buy jewellery as a gift/souvenir then silver jewellery is a great buy in Greece particularly with semi precious stones - a lot of Greek jewellery is stunning in any case and with their economy there are some great bargains to be had.

Greek olive oil and herbs/spices are also good buys for any cooks too!

Thanks kikki21 That sounds like something we could look at to bring back for our granddaughters. Is there a silver mark I should look for like our "925" ?

Thanks kikki21 That sounds like something we could look at to bring back for our granddaughters. Is there a silver mark I should look for like our "925" ?

The 925 markings are found in many counties. The standard is English and dates back to the 15th century.

Mands

I bought a fun (inexpensive) pendant necklace of the Greek Key symbol and then a nicer necklace in Santorini of silver with the key chain and a deep blue stone that reminds me of the blues of the building tops. Bought cute tops for the grandaughters and ouzo for my son. Also some nice table cloths with olive decor for my daughter. The little olive oil soups that sell for 1-3 euros are also a nice rememberance for some one. LOTS of shopping! If i could have gotten it home in one piece I would have purchased one of the pottery bowls to hang on a wall. And we bought some nice prints to hang to remember Oia. Have fun!

I brought back olive wood salad set from Santorini and olive oil from Olympia. Also got a nice silver bangle from a merchant in Santorini - my husband and I were chatting with him, he put the bangle on my wrist, told me it looked nice (I thought he was a pushy salesman) and it was his gift to me!

I brought back olive wood salad set from Santorini and olive oil from Olympia. Also got a nice silver bangle from a merchant in Santorini - my husband and I were chatting with him, he put the bangle on my wrist, told me it looked nice (I thought he was a pushy salesman) and it was his gift to me!

Wow, that`s a pretty nice gift!

I was going to look for a set of salad servers in olive wood, for a gift for my friend. Do you know what the cost might be?

I bought a fun (inexpensive) pendant necklace of the Greek Key symbol and then a nicer necklace in Santorini of silver with the key chain and a deep blue stone that reminds me of the blues of the building tops. Bought cute tops for the grandaughters and ouzo for my son. Also some nice table cloths with olive decor for my daughter. The little olive oil soups that sell for 1-3 euros are also a nice rememberance for some one. LOTS of shopping! If i could have gotten it home in one piece I would have purchased one of the pottery bowls to hang on a wall. And we bought some nice prints to hang to remember Oia. Have fun!

Did a Google search and now I know what the Greek Key Symbol is. Your necklace sounds lovely. When shopping for jewelry how do you know you are getting a good price?

Wow, that`s a pretty nice gift!

I was going to look for a set of salad servers in olive wood, for a gift for my friend. Do you know what the cost might be?

I think I paid about 12 Euro for the set - they had smaller sets for less money. They also had lots of spoons, ladles etc made out of olive wood - prices from a few Euro and up. Easy to pack and very useful.

Be careful with transporting olive oil home, though - an accident waiting to happen in your suitcase if you don't pack it correctly.

The merchant wrapped it in bubble pack and then I put it in a large zip lock bag. In my checked suitcase surrounded by laundry it got home fine. Maybe I was lucky.

I saw an idea on CC which I thought was neat. On my Med cruise I bought a small tile from each country. Some 4x4,6x6.hard to get all the same size. The mass produced ones are inexpensive..in the 5 euro range. When I got home I put them on a tray with little black tiles inbetween them which made them really pop out. Tray is quite heavy so I have it on a shelf.

Every time I look at it it brings back memories of a great cruise.

Sue

I saw an idea on CC which I thought was neat. On my Med cruise I bought a small tile from each country. Some 4x4,6x6.hard to get all the same size. The mass produced ones are inexpensive..in the 5 euro range. When I got home I put them on a tray with little black tiles inbetween them which made them really pop out. Tray is quite heavy so I have it on a shelf.

Every time I look at it it brings back memories of a great cruise.

Sue

That sounds like a great idea. Most of my shopping time is spent on looking for gifts for family and friends. It`s great to see what others have bought and get an idea on the cost.

Thank you to everyone for sharing :)

Hope I can remember most .......

dish towels - embroidered with olive leaf/branch .... Crete

olive oil soaps - decorative wrappings - nice stocking stuffers - Corfu

beautiful gold Alexander the Great coin ring for my son - Corfu

ouzo - all three trips - various ports

grappa - Corfu

an amazing leather purse - Athens

a beautiful gold coin pendant of Athena - Santorini

leather sandals - Mykonos

and from every port we visit (not just Greece) a book of the sights in each port. They are all done by the same company I think, in various languages. I have a bunch on the bottom shelf of my coffee table.

I'm sure there are more. I am a big shopper. So many fun things to buy :D

...On my Med cruise I bought a small tile from each country...

Oh, that reminds me that we did buy some tiles in Spain while we were there, very small ones with the letters "W" and "C" plus 2 decorative ones the same size. We saw WC a lot in Europe, obviously ;) ... and DH mounted them for us when we got back home and now they sit above our powder room door. It's cute. :)

Oh, that reminds me that we did buy some tiles in Spain while we were there, very small ones with the letters "W" and "C" plus 2 decorative ones the same size. We saw WC a lot in Europe, obviously ;) ... and DH mounted them for us when we got back home and now they sit above our powder room door. It's cute. :)

HaHa....at first I thought perhaps they were your initials.....but that is much cuter idea :)

Greek gifts i bought:

olive wood utensils

olive oil soaps

set of Gr gods chess set for grandson

the eye of Medussa, blue stone with black for granddaughters.

the clerk said this stone is to protect girls from evil spirits. Well, I bought them. My granddaughters are preteen.:)

pashima for daughter in laws

nice cotton t shirts for sons

silver pendant with Key design, leather purse, icon, hand made small wine glasses from a potter in Santorini, leather sandals for myself!

Greek gifts i bought:

olive wood utensils

olive oil soaps

set of Gr gods chess set for grandson

the eye of Medussa, blue stone with black for granddaughters.

the clerk said this stone is to protect girls from evil spirits. Well, I bought them. My granddaughters are preteen.:)

pashima for daughter in laws

nice cotton t shirts for sons

silver pendant with Key design, leather purse, icon, hand made small wine glasses from a potter in Santorini, leather sandals for myself!

Sounds like you did well with your shopping in Greece. Would you mind sharing what you paid for your Pashmina and where it was made? I am going to Oman, Pashminas are suppose to be the thing to get there, I have tried posting for information but have had no responses.

My sister-in-law brought me an eye of Medusa and I will pick up some for gifts as well.

We brought capers along with all the other items that others have listed. I do like the olive oil soap. Wish I had purchased more. This can be bought in the shopping area you walk through in the ship "terminal" if you will. Also, onboard was sold some very nice hand/nail cream with olive oil. I didn't notice it anywhere else.

It will make it easier to shop knowing all this information and tips. Today I was trying to think of how many bars of olive soap to bring back as gifts for friends. Looks like I should make a list then add several more bars for me :p

Any more information or tips greatly appreciated :D

Archived