Door Decoration question

MikeNKim

We want to hang stockings on our door for our December cruise. Any suggestions on a hanging device? I was thinking the 3M sticky hooks. Thanks

I would think that would work really well. We used those in my daughters college apartment for different things. They do remove very easily.

I always decorate my door. My husband humors me and helps out. Our stewards always love showing it off to other stewards. On three diff cruises I saw our steward standing by our door showing the decorations to other stewards. I have seen others from our roll call pass by and "Sign" one of the pics on our door. In general it is just always fun to decorate, plus it def helps to identify it after a few "adult beverages" lol

I use the command strips. They are a couple bucks a pack so won't break the bank or damage the doors.

I sometimes take a lightweight dry erase board that is magnetic. In all my carnival cruises though I have only ever been in one room with a magnetic door.

We were on the Conquest for a September cruise and I always decorate our door. The command strips are great for hanging decorations. Here is a pic of my latest creation. It is suppose to be a replica of a life preserver with a 3D cutout of the Conquest.

If someone doesn't like it or by offended by it then let him/her write to John Heald. BRING IT!

And we are taking a 9-day cruise this December and look out because I do plan on decorating my door.

056_zpse2d472a7.jpg

We were on the Conquest for a September cruise and I always decorate our door. The command strips are great for hanging decorations. Here is a pic of my latest creation. It is suppose to be a replica of a life preserver with a 3D cutout of the Conquest.

If someone doesn't like it or by offended by it then let him/her write to John Heald. BRING IT!

And we are taking a 9-day cruise this December and look out because I do plan on decorating my door.

056_zpse2d472a7.jpg

I love it!!!

We decorated our door with a Peel & Stick poster of 2 Wedding pictures that I made from Walgreen's, along with several previous cruise shots. Just used tape for the smaller pictures. It came right off the last day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=289659&stc=1&d=1381699680

100_4881.jpg.5b6ae10fd5ba5ccbc09cece30b829b27.jpg

we were on a halloween cruise a few years ago and also decorated our doors and inside the cabins too. we just taped the decorations to the doors and walls. the cabin stewart liked seeing them too

it was a lot of fun seeing the decorations while walking the ship. the ship also decorates and has a costume contest too. my son in law won one of the prizes for best costume...big party that night....so take your decorations and costumes and have fun .....

Seriously Upset? Are you the Political Correctness Police? YOU are a HUGE part of what's wrong with our country today!! File a complaint? How shallow are you? This is AMERICA - Freedom of Speech is a RIGHT, not a privilege, and if you don't like something you just walk on by or ignore it - that's your right too!

I guess you're one of those who say "Season's Greetings" instead of Merry Christmas too....

Well HAPPY HALLOWEEN and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I think I'll decorate my door with ALL those things every time I cruise, hoping to irritate you and all your politically correct friends....

Agree-Love it!

We were part of a door decorating contest for our roll call in September on the Conquest.

The doors do have a metal core. But are covered with some kind of vinyl. Those that used magnets on their doors had to use stronger ones. I had a business card sized one that was pretty lightweight and kept falling off. But some in our group did use magnets. I saw a mix of lots of things used to keep the décor on the doors.

Here is the link to the post I did with pica from our sailings decorated doors.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1921037

I don't feel like decorating your door for Halloween would be appropriate. Some people of certain religious beliefs may take offense to that. I know i would be upset if I was walking down the hall with my son and he was exposed to halloween decor I would be seriously upset and would surely file a complaint :cool:

Wow, just close your eyes.

Went to the FIL's house to drop off his luggage tags, and stopped by Wally World on the way home. DW hit the Halloween section and scored a number of decorations in the 97 cent bin. Found some magnets, and she also bought two packs of sticky things - one pack of Command hangers and something similar from another brand. So..although we're a week ahead of Halloween on our cruise - we'll have our door decorated for it!! Will also have a Cruise Critic sign ...and my ever faithful Trip Advisor senior contributor sign .... Should be an interesting and fun cruise!!

I don't feel like decorating your door for Halloween would be appropriate. Some people of certain religious beliefs may take offense to that. I know i would be upset if I was walking down the hall with my son and he was exposed to halloween decor I would be seriously upset and would surely file a complaint :cool:

So, how old is your son, and seriously, he has never seen a Halloween decoration? Do you not take him to Walmart, grocery stores, party stores?

Archived