Southwest to Seattle

dr28326

More likely a function yield management. Many of us stalk SWA website for itinerary releases and grab those cheap fares ASAP, when they are gone they are gone. Fares for our January flights have gone up more than 30% since they were released in late June.

It all comes down to supply and demand. I don't think they adjust for one cruise. Keep watching but my experience is usually lower price fares are not added so if I go with the lowest fare right away. Then I watch and if the price goes down I switch to that and then use the difference towards another fare that I would have to take within 1 year of having booked the flight in the first place.

Keith

I have only seen SWA drop their price once, however that doesn't mean that they don't more often, it's just those flights to FLL fill up pretty quick during the cruise season. If prices drop then they will give you the difference in the form of a credit that you must use within a year or it expires,

I agree. Since SW has such a liberal exchange policy, book now, but keep checking back for cheaper flights, and if found, exchange. Often "Get Away" fares are not posted until 6 months prior to the flight.

When comparing prices for flights for a Seattle cruise, be sure to calculate in how much you save for luggage charges (2 free checked bags) on SW compared to what you would have to pay on Alaska, United, Delta, American, etc. etc. ($25 and more per bag).

Here's a unique situation. We were looking to fly back from Orlando trip April 7 on the day they released schedules from Apr 7 to June 6, and compared fares/conversion to points.

Found flight we wanted for 9,800 points each. I booked my wife's trip, and 2 minutes later booked mine, it had gone up to 10,600 points.

Archived