Visa requirements for African Cruise

Cisleman

We booked the 116 day Nov 2014 African Southeast Asia cruise and now I notice that many visas are required - Senegal even requires being fingerprinted! I'm not sure it is worth the effort. Has anyone cruised to these ports and do visas have to be gotten ahead of time?

many visas are required - Senegal even requires being fingerprinted! I'm not sure it is worth the effort.

So does the USA for travellers arriving from many parts of the worls, including Senegal - see below http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/temp_1305.html.

A foreigner coming to the US has to pay $160 for a non-immigrant or tourist visa. You would pay Senegal $67 for the same thing.

So does the USA for travellers arriving from many parts of the worls, including Senegal - see below http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/temp_1305.html.

A foreigner coming to the US has to pay $160 for a non-immigrant or tourist visa. You would pay Senegal $67 for the same thing.

Very often visa and other requirements are retaliatory. For example, I have to pay a $160 reciprocity fee to Argentina because that is what the US charges Argentine citizens for a visa.

Cisleman, yes, have your TA contact Seabourn for you to figure this out.

Often Visas are obtained by the ship and/or are not needed for a one day visit. They need to find out for you whether or not you need any. My experience is that sometimes they can change. For example, there is one for Africa that on the line we are sailing was required in 2011 but they were able to make arrangements this time around that they can obtain it for us.

Hopefully, your TA can get this for you.

Keith

I would suggest you contact CIBTvisas they are worldwide and take care of everything for you. Ignore what Seabourn say simply forward your itinerary and CIBT will take care of everything

We always use them

Why on Earth would you do this before knowing what arrangements Seabourn has made? We are stopping in places on our trip next year on another cruise line where the cruise line has made special arrangements to either preclude the need for a visa or we will only require the type of visa that the ship obtains which in both cases is substantially cheaper than if we applied for traditional visas.

Keith

From experience with Seabourn

This year we are visiting Port Blair in India and you need in addition to a visa a special permit. Seabourn did not even advise us of this nor did they offer to help obtain one. Most other cruise lines arrange these:(

From experience with Seabourn

This year we are visiting Port Blair in India and you need in addition to a visa a special permit. Seabourn did not even advise us of this nor did they offer to help obtain one. Most other cruise lines arrange these:(

I am confused what you mean by needing a special permit for Port Blair. We did Port Blair last year with Seabourn and all we needed was an Indian Visa. It was true there were some people who came on who didn't have a visa prearranged and the front desk tried really hard to organise it for them but it could not be done. They had to stay on the ship that day. I think any Indian Visa is one that needs to be organised by individuals not the ship.

The main town in Port Blair didn't appeal but the Goal was fascinating and sad at the same time.

Julie

Archived