Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review!

louhun88

Gosh, I'm really surprised at the wait times for MTD. Only sailed out of San Juan on Adventure so far, but never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a table for two. I don't like pre-booking times as we never really know when we're going to be hungry or want to see an early or late show. Sailing on her again next August out of Southampton so will be interested to see if they still have these problems.

Great thread by the way. Loving the pics.

we were surprised too but the ship was sailing full so maybe that what caused the problems?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I always like to see pictures of the food so if you're the same enjoy :D

I love these things!

MDRSavouryBites_zps121403c1.jpg

Smoked Duck Carpaccio

MDRSmokedDuckCarpaccio_zpsa9a6e402.jpg

Escargot - normally my mum loves them but they were kind of chewy?

MDREscargot_zps33ab5d84.jpg

Crab Cake

MDRCrabCake_zpsa3009153.jpg

British Mezze Plate

MDRBritishMezzePlate_zps3c0a0c22.jpg

As this was our first time sailing on a bigger ship we had quite high expectations for the entertainment and it was OK, not top quality and some of the singers kinda sounded like screeching cats but not too bad!

There were singers who performed on the Royal Promenade/in the pub/at the Blue Moon Lounge every night but they always seemed to sing the same songs so you got a little bored of them by the end of the first week.

I think the a lot of the entertainment falls down to the Cruise Director and unfortunately Drew Deviine just wasn't very good, he didn't seem too interested in his job and couldn't really get many jokes going.

Day 1 -

Welcome Aboard Show featuring Andy Wilkins (comedian), only one show at 7:45pm - this was quite good and the comedian was funny even if his jokes were old and we'd heard a lot of them before!

Day 2 -

Today was the Meet & Mingle which was disappointing as noone mingled i think we only met two people from our roll call but i did win $25 of internet credit :)

Tonight's theatre show was Legends of Soul who i thought were very good - this had two show time 9pm and 10:45pm.

Majorty Rules Gameshow was also on at 10pm in a lounge

Day 3 -

Tonights theatre show was Invitation to Dance featuring the Royal Caribbean Singers & Dancers - this had two times of 9pm and 1045pm

Battle of the Sexes Gameshow at 10pm in a lounge

Day 4 -

Ice show at 830pm or 1030pm, you must have tickets for the ice shows which can be collected from Guest Services.

There was no theatre show because of the Ice show but there was kareoke between 830pm and 10pm which was great fun.

Day 5 -

World's Sexiest Man Competition by the poolside this afternoon which is always hilarious and didn't disappoint!

Crown & Anchor Society Welcome Back Party which we didn't attend as it was scheduled at 515pm which was when we were busy relaxing and getting ready for dinner.

The theatre show was Craig Halliday the Swarovski Crystal Electric Violinist which was a great show - two times of 9pm and 1045pm

Day 6 -

The theatre show was Zoe Tyler (singer) which we didn't see as I don't really like her singing! - two times 7pm and 9pm

70's Dance Party on the Royal Promenadde at 1030m - it gets very busy down there so we watched from the sitting area on deck 7!

Day 7 -

The theatre show was Comedy, Vocal & Impressions of David Copperfield which was again a good show - two times 7pm and 9pm

Day 8 -

The theatre show was Can't Stop the Rock (music from the movies) featuring the Royal Caribbean singers & dancers, we didn't see this show either - two times of 9pm and 1045pm

Day 9 -

Another chance to catch the Ice Show at 830pm or 1030pm so again no theatre show.

Adult Kareoke in the lounge from 1045pm to midnight - even funnier when people have had a bit to drink!

Day 10 -

The theatre show was Jon Courtenay "The Funniest Bald Guy With A Piano" and a really enjoyable show just don't sit in the front row! Two tiimes of 7pm and 9pm

This was followed by Love & Marriage Gameshow in the theatre at 1030pm, we've seen this on two other cruises and it was hilarious but it was kind of boring this time round :(

Day 11 -

Men's International Belly Flop Competition by the poolside this afternoon, usually quite funny with the CD joking around but was over with pretty quickly.

The theatre show was Martin Daniels comedy magic which we didn't attend and from what we heard wasn't much good, a few people walked out apparently - two show times 9pm and 1045pm

Day 12 -

Another chance to see the Ice Show at 7pm or the theatre show at 9pm or 1045pm was Tracey Sheild (Celine Dion Tribute), we'd seen her perform on Splendour of the Seas so didn't bother going to the show again.

Day 13 -

The theatre show was Goronwy Thom (comedian) with two shows of 7pm and 9pm.

Kareoke again from 830pm to 10pm then The Quest at 1030pm which is held in the Ice Show Arena

I wasn't feeling very well so we didn't attend any shows or dinner for that matter this night.

Day 14 -

The theatre show was Jackpot " A Tribute to Las Vegas" with two show times of 9pm and 1045pm.

We didn't see this either as we had a great day at a lovely little pub in Lisbon :p:o

Day 15 -

Miss Bi-Ceps Competition at the poolside this afternoon.

The theatre show was Rat Pack Returns with two shows of 7pm and 9pm.

Rock Brit Dance Party on the Royal Promenade at 1030pm.

Day 16 -

The theatre show was Farewell Showtime featuring BMX acrobat Rob Alton which we didn't really fancy and saw some of it on the TV later (didn't look too good) - two show times of 7pm and 9pm.

You had to be in the theatre early to be able to get seats, around 30 minutes beforehand but there are waiters coming round offering bar service. The amount of groups of 4 or more who came in 5 minutes before the show started and expected to get seats together was unreal!

Mouthwatering to keep my weight the same I think i need to loose another stone before I go great review thanks for taking time out to do this

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Forums mobile app

Don't worry the ship is so big you'll lose weight with all the walking round!

We had originally decided not to take the Premium Alcohol Package but after seeing the special offer at Southampton where you only pay for 11 nights we decided it was quite a good deal.

The Premium Package consisted of almost everything you wanted to drink with only a few exceptions that we found :-

House white wine (St Martin Chardonnay)

House red wine (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvingnon, also St Martin?)

House rose wine (Beringer White Zinfandel)

Almost all spirits (only exceptions we found were Patron, some expensive brandies and whiskies)

Most beers (not including Foster's Oil Can, Crabbies Ginger Beer and some beers from the pub menu)

Cocktails (you could still get margaritas as long as you asked for them with a different tequila rather than Patron, we had sparkling wine cocktails even though this is supposedly not included in the package?!)

Soft drinks (fountain soda, beware this was always flat from nearly every bar for some reason)

We found the quality of drinks to be hit and miss, a lot of the bars made drinks so strong we could hardly drink them especially the Blue Moon Lounge and Imperial Lounge.

The best bartenders we found were Vaughn at the Pool Bar (he's very funny and will pour as much or as little spirits in as you like and also make up any cocktail you ask for, the young girl at the Lobby Bar who continuously laughed also made great cocktails but the best were Agnelo & Mohammed at the Cafe Promenade were great too we spent most of the cruise at this bar chatting to these guys and they really made our cruise!

We kept a tab of what we drank and added it up at the end of the cruise and came in around £80 over the cost of the Package, if we took our OBC credit into account we came in around £300 over :eek:

Overall, the package was handy not having to sign receipts or worry about our bill and it was great being able to try new drinks however if it hadn't been for the special offer it definately wouldn't have been worth the money. We drank quite a bit, don't get me wrong we were never drunk but definately enjoyed a few more than if we'd been paying per drink, but there is no way we could have even broke even if we'd been paying the full price for 16 nights ($1700/£1100)

Hi Louise, enjoying reading your review, especially as I met you :).

We never had a problem with MTD as we ate at 6pm and had the same table for two everynight. It worked for us as we don't like to eat late , ends up like traditional dining but we still have the option for flexibility if plans change.

Just a heads up for those reading about the drinks promotion, buy so many days get so many free, it is only available on Adventure and Independence while they sail out of Southampton. The marketing and revenue guy , Mirko, told me this at the meet and mingle.

Edited by heatherb1953

Absolutely loving your report! Thank you!!! Adoring reading and seeing the photos .. keep them coming :)

We are sailing Adventurer next Summer and will be in the two cabins next to the one you were in - 7595 & 7597. Can I ask how noisy the cabin was? Was it mainly from the Sports Bar do you think? .. We will have 2 smallies with us and just wondering how loud it will be, particularly late in the evening.

Hi Louise, enjoying reading your review, especially as I met you :).

We never had a problem with MTD as we ate at 6pm and had the same table for two everynight. It worked for us as we don't like to eat late , ends up like traditional dining but we still have the option for flexibility if plans change.

Just a heads up for those reading about the drinks promotion, buy so many days get so many free, it is only available on Adventure and Independence while they sail out of Southampton. The marketing and revenue guy , Mirko, told me this at the meet and mingle.

Hi Heather

Glad you didn't have any issues with MyTime but for us we like to eat at different times depending what we've been doing that day and as we didn't have concrete plans in any ports we didn't want to make reservations and to me it defeats the whole point of MyTime if we have to make reservations. I think if you wanted to eat at 6pm or after 8pm you were fine getting a table.

I forgot to mention that about the drinks packages, we also got told this offer was only on sailings of 14 nights or more as they never sold many packages!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the great review. We are on the ship for the first time next May and looking forward to it. Do you have any cruise compasses that you can scan. Have only been on the Independence of the Seas and want to compare what the activities are like.

Hi

Really enjoying your review. I do hope they offer the discounted drinks packages next Summer, it is not worth buying otherwise.

Did you hear what enhancements Adventure is getting in the refit? I am hoping she is getting a Park Café.

Do you have any of the dining room menus?

Edited by JM-1972

Great review! We are sailing on Adventure of the Seas next week and this is really useful.

With the drinks package, did you always feel under pressure to go back up to the bar and get more drinks? Were the bars busy and did it take a long time to be served?