Kobe cruise terminal connections - questions

OlsSalt

Planning our next cruise already, only to put off unpacking from our last one that ended just a few days ago. Next one on the Volendam ends in Kobe. Does anyone have experience getting from the [B]Kobe cruise terminal to the Kobe airport?[/B]

I see HAL offers a transfer to the Osaka International Terminal, but I can find better flights for us to LAX if we leave from the Kobe airport taking a local flight to Tokyo than from Osaka.

Tried to figure this out from a web search and it looks like it should be an easy taxi ride between the two points, but would love to hear from someone who has had experience with the Kobe port itself, and any knowledge about the Kobe airport. Thanks.

It is super easy. You just get off the ship and there is a taxi stand right there with drivers waiting. The taxis are nice and roomy too - very boxy compared to the Priuses that we see everywhere here now. Our luggage had no problem fitting. It was an easy connection and we were at the airport in less than 20 minutes.

Some people did take the tram from the terminal in to the busy Kobe train station and then took a train to the airport - this does require Yen and the ability to drag your luggage through crowded terminals and up and down stairs. Not for the feint of heart, but doable.

My husband tried for train, but I voted taxi and won.:)

[quote name='indokiwi']It is super easy. You just get off the ship and there is a taxi stand right there with drivers waiting. The taxis are nice and roomy too - very boxy compared to the Priuses that we see everywhere here now. Our luggage had no problem fitting. It was an easy connection and we were at the airport in less than 20 minutes.

Some people did take the tram from the terminal in to the busy Kobe train station and then took a train to the airport - this does require Yen and the ability to drag your luggage through crowded terminals and up and down stairs. Not for the feint of heart, but doable.

My husband tried for train, but I voted taxi and won.:)[/QUOTE]

Perfect, just what I was hoping to find out. The flights work so much better for us from Kobe back to LAX and are cheaper too. Thanks!

Archived