Solstice C3 or 2D same price-which one?

Greek50

Still trying to figure out the ins and outs of Celebrity Ships-second cruise on Celebrity is NZ this January-I just noticed that there is a C3 state residency rate right now for the exact same price that I paid for my 2D a year ago-should we switch? Our current 2D room is 7268 (unobstructed bump out on the right side of the ship). Available C3's include 9318, 1289, 9277 and the list goes on and on! DH says he thinks the left side of the ship might be better for this New Zealand Quest Cruise. I am highly noise sensitive and don't want a public area above us OR noisy storage rooms/room service kitchen etc across from us either. ANY and all input would be much appreciated.

Well, the 2D's are ONLY on the 6th floor, as far as I know.:confused::confused: You won't have excessive noise if you choose a cabin that has cabins above and below--not sure if the cabins you have mentioned fall into that category but you can check the deck plans on the website.

Still trying to figure out the ins and outs of Celebrity Ships-second cruise on Celebrity is NZ this January-I just noticed that there is a C3 state residency rate right now for the exact same price that I paid for my 2D a year ago-should we switch? Our current 2D room is 7268 (unobstructed bump out on the right side of the ship). Available C3's include 9318, 1289, 9277 and the list goes on and on! DH says he thinks the left side of the ship might be better for this New Zealand Quest Cruise. I am highly noise sensitive and don't want a public area above us OR noisy storage rooms/room service kitchen etc across from us either. ANY and all input would be much appreciated.

Hi Greek50,

Of the cabins you've mentioned, I'd absolutely go for the C3, and choose 9318. As bighairtexan mentioned, you would receive the extra point for concierge class, along with the concierge amenities. 9318 is also in an excellent location, not too far from the elevators. I hope this helps, and have a wonderful cruise !

I agree with Andy that 9318 is the best of the three cabins, if its a no cost upgrade then that's great, but your original cabin which was a 2A on the hump was a great cabin and if there's a cost involved in upgrading I personally wouldn't do it. Unless of course you need the extra point :)

Thank you all for your replies! It's a done deal-we are now in C3 9318-just made the switch-made our final payment too! I am now officially excited to be going on this cruise! Figuring out our astronomical airfare, pre-cruise hotels, etc. is next!

Thank you all for your replies! It's a done deal-we are now in C3 9318-just made the switch-made our final payment too! I am now officially excited to be going on this cruise! Figuring out our astronomical airfare, pre-cruise hotels, etc. is next!

Well done! :D have a great cruise!

Glad to hear you chose 9318. Have a wonderful cruise !

Archived