All things Getaway

Medtech2

Still at JFK airport after an awesome cruise. All of you going on the getaway in the next weeks can look forward to it. Nothing really to complain about and especially with the low passenger count the best service I ever encountered on a cruise. Totally worth every dollar.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

I just noticed a Getaway app for apple and android devices. It lists the Miami events and has lots of other features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crowdtorch.norwegiangetaway

Hey Twizzlers,

That app is specifically for folks who sailed on the Jan. 27-29 CTN out of NYC and those who will be onboard for the christening Feb. 7-8. It just lists the scheduled press events and such. It does have really handy deck plans and lists of all the venues, though.

I am looking forward to reviews of Illusionarium and the menu. The Cirque shows never interested me on the Epic or Breakaway.

Hey there,

The Illusionarium show itself was fantastic. I was disappointed to learn, however, that the menu is fixed -- surf 'n' turf. The steak was decent, but I didn't try the deep-fried shrimp that came with it, as I'm not a seafood eater. I'd say the show alone is worth the cost, and I almost think it would be better without the dinner. The staff kept interrupting while I was watching to fill my water, ask if I was finished eating, etc. It's not their fault, of course, since that's what they're supposed to do, but I found it a little irritating. Menu photos coming. Stay tuned.

Did you happen to get an entertainment schedule for The Grammy Experience?

I wish CC had a "like" button LOL. I was wondering the same thing.

Hi there,

Thanks for being so patient, SissasMomE. Just heard back from Norwegian, and there's no official schedule yet. I'm told it'll be released soon, so I'll update you as soon as I hear anything.