Worst Move Over Offer EVER

CruisingObsessed

Hmmm... a friend on that cruise got the moveover offer too (they couldn't take it because of work obligations). This is the offer that Princess sent. Seems like something got lost in the OP's translation. :rolleyes:

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the October 24 12-day

Ruby Princess sailing. Move your booking to an alternate cruise and receive:

* 100% of your cruise fare back (as refundable onboard credit)

* FREE UPGRADE to next cabin type (eg, oceanview to balcony - where available)

* Air change fees covered up to $300.00 per person (Princess Air protected)

Suggested Alternatives include:

* Ruby Princess November 17, 2013 (includes Kusadasi, Mykonos & Athens) or

* Pacific Princess November 23, 2013 (includes Venice Athens & Rome)

I think you are correct about the OP's translation issue. That offer was really good. We had a similar offer given to us several years back on a Mediterranean cruise three (3) days before the cruise departure (2 days before our flight from the USA).

Here is our experience.

• Princess TRANSFERRED the booking at the original price we paid. No new charges here. (we had a guarantee with an upgraded cabin assignment to a balcony). No loss of FCC/OBC. No new Princess Travel insurance charges.
  • We went from a balcony to a mini-suite for the new cruise
  • They covered all change fees for the EZair flights we had booked, plus we got a refund because the later flights were cheaper.
  • We got a substantial OBC that was refundable. Although we spent like drunken sailors we walked off the 12 day cruise with $500 cash refunded to us.
  • We did not have to take the cruises they originally proposed, but had a choice of cruises within a 6 month period. We were able to take a cruise including Egypt that was totally out of our budgetary range originally.

My manager was really surprised when I told him the day before we were supposed to leave that I was changing my vacation, but totally supported me. It didn't hurt that it meant I would be deferring the vacation until after a critical point in the project. When I told him Princess' deal he was envious. :)

So if the OP got the same offer as shown above, it was a good deal as long as one could be flexible with vacation plans.

We had a move over offer on our last cruise. Change to a later sailing date and receive:

1 Fare refunded in the form of OBC

Upgrade from an interior to a suite "Where available"

We had Princess Air so no worries there

We didn't take it because the suggested itineraries didn't include Dartmouth (Which we ended up loving), AND neither suggested itineraries worked for us due to other commitments, and finally I was worried that it would be too late to get tickets to the Tattoo on the new sailing.

Of the 670 PAX on board about 570 were Americans. At dinner I was surprised that only the Americans at our table got the offer, the one lone British couple had not.

Archived