Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

If it's raining and you want to take a stroll through Central Park, don't fret, there are umbrellas available at the entrance to the park and in front of the stores & restaurants. Royal Caribbean really has thought of everything.

IMG_0669_zpsca0a42f5.jpg

IMG_0671_zpsf46cdcf8.jpg

IMG_0672_zps39ff6583.jpg

IMG_0673_zps4ed0b01c.jpg

Park Café - Home to the famous roast beef sandwich

IMG_0674_zps2351ba8b.jpg

IMG_0675_zps598a7cea.jpg

Your review and photos are awesome!! Lots of detail and great pictures. We will be on the Oasis next Saturday' date=' the 2nd of November. So excited!! I look forward to more of your review. :)[/quote']

Thanks, I wish I was back on her. Enjoy your trip!

Excellent review and pictures!!:):) Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

Thanks!

Thanks for a great review! We are going on Oasis March 1 western and so excited! Love the details. Keep them coming.:cool:

Thanks Laura! The Western itinerary was good. I haven't done a Western trip since 2006 and these were all new ports. Next year on Allure we're back to the Eastern itinerary.

Great info and pictures so far. Great to learn about the little arrows on the room doors. We'll be following your review with great anticipation. We're heading out on Nov. 9th to recreate more great cruising memories.

Thanks Skip

I followed along with a bunch of reviews before my trip too. It's really the only way to tide yourself over, especially in the last few weeks your vacation is so close.

I appreciate your review, Cupcrazy.

One question: Is check-in done by deck number on embarkation day? I recall reading something along that line some time ago but now I don't remember.

Thanks.

Yes, after going through security the check-in lines are done by what deck you are staying on. The beginning of the lines have signs and there will be staff on hand to help you find your way.

Boardwalk, deck 5 aft

IMG_0676_zpse13c4d94.jpg

Zoltar. If you remember the movie BIG you'll love this

IMG_0677_zpse0990b14.jpg

Free donuts from the Donut Shop

IMG_0678_zps5d1843fc.jpg

Original glaze

IMG_0679_zpsc1ed854e.jpg

This is the only full picture I took of the carrousel all week and it came out blurry

IMG_0680_zpse24b6c48.jpg

IMG_0682_zps015a7852.jpg

Focus Photo Gallery, deck 6 mid-ship. This is where you can see & purchase all of the pictures of you, taken by ship staff.

IMG_0701_zpsaf6c1345.jpg

Most times when you get your picture taken on the ship the photographer ask for your Sea Pass card. This is because he/she will swipe it and those pictures will end up in the photo gallery. But unlike some other ships where you have to go through thousands of photos to find yours, RCCL has it set up that all your pictures will end up in one folder. On your Sea Pass card it will show you where to look. On my Sea Pass it said Photo: 10-43. That translates to tower 10 folder 43.

IMG_0700_zpsf740ce61.jpg

With these units you can pick what pictures you want, how many and what size.

IMG_1531_zps97ff38f1.jpg

IMG_0702_zpsc79ed7f9.jpg

Off topic. Nate with your job and being the baseball fan you are how did you like that ending of game 3. Wow.

That was one crazy ending. Jim Joyce made the right call though. I don't think I've ever seen a game end on an obstruction call let alone a World Series game. I saw a couple people wearing Cardinals shirts while on Oasis. They must be pretty happy tonight.

Well, I thought I could stop visiting cruise critic for awhile but find withdrawal more difficult that expected. Of course I knew I would eventually look for your review but didn't last as long as I thought. Thanks for continuing to entertain us, even post cruise, and we much enjoyed meeting you and seeing you often during the cruise. Take care and we'll check back often to keep up.

Can someone please tell me how to do this. Many thanks.

Awesome review, cant wait to see more pics. We still have over a year to wait to board our B2B!

Subscribing is done by adding the thread to your favorites. I'm using apple products, iPhone and iPad which has the word subscribe in the options. Once you subscribe it is in your favorites and you can get notified with each new post on the thread. Hope that helps.