Stroller in Dining Room on RCI

Beckyv

I read somewhere that you cannot take a stroller in the dining room on rci, is this the case?

We took the stroller in with us on Carnival a few times and sometimes she was even asleep in it? Cant find any more information than the original post.

TIA.

Took our umbrella stroller in the MDR on Vision, no problem. Baby either sat in it at the table or sat in the high chair and we then collapsed the stroller and put it under our chairs. However, a full size stroller would be a pain to deal with, I imagine.

You could talk with the Maitre'D on embarkation day. When I've thought I might use the stroller I've requested to be located in a convenient place for it. Every time we were already in a place where it wouldn't have been an issue but it can't hurt to check.

We brought a stroller (Chicco liteway) into the main dining room a couple times when kiddo had fallen asleep. At $20/hour for babysitting and full price to bring the kiddo I wasn't forking over an extra 40-60 dollars every night for someone to watch a sleeping kid. He was perfectly comfortable as the liteway reclines completely flat. Its also low profile enough that the front end tucks under the table, so it took up no more of a footprint than the highchair- we placed him at the seat beside the pillar and put the brakes on so he was out of the way and perfectly safe. We did get a sitter for the 2 formal nights as we didn't want to spoil the "atmosphere"- I didn't feel he was out of place on casual seating nights. RCI tends to seat all family groups on the main floor apparently, so if someone doesn't want to see kids they can see about moving to one of the other decks.

I think an umbrella stroller collapsed under the table would be fine. Or, ask them to remove a chair and put it where the chair was. On Carnival last week, they took the rolling walkers out and parked them in the hall because there just wasn't room.

Archived