Ok

Sheast

I find this website has lots of great info

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/venice-hotels.htm

Not only for hotels, but for the Port of Venice in general too.

I chose Ca' Doge right in Piazzale Roma, and there was a second hotel on the other side of the Piazzale, called Santa Chiara. These would be the two absolutely closest hotels. Ca' Doge does not have an elevator, but Santa Chiara does. Have some fun looking at various hotels in various locations.

I first had a Golden Tulip Tritone booked in Mestre (on the mainland). Then planned to take the train for 1 EUR to Venice proper. A friend and I travel together, but we do not sleep together and a lot of the hotels won't guarantee 2 beds. Even at Ca' Doge, they said they had twin beds and they were, but only separated by about 6 inches. But we decided we wanted to stay in Venice. Once we started pricing hotels in Venice, we opted for the Piazzale Roma (it is the transporation hub of Venice). Bus and taxis, a vaporetto office and stop, as well as a visitor kiosk (for questions and maps).

I hadn't thought about an elevator until we got there and was told there were three floors we had to climb. They did carry our luggage up for us and then down again when we departed, but we two old ladies had to negotiate those stairs on our own, so make sure you know your limitations before you book.

Have fun planning, then taking your trip!

Hi

We have stayed at ,and am staying at next may, the Best Western Hotel Olimpia.

Good hotel, about a 5 minute walk from Piazzale Roma where the peoplemover arrives and departs.

X2 - We stayed there pre and post cruise last fall and it was fantastic! Great location, wonderful staff, lovely rooms, good hot breakfast and free wifi. Did a full review on Tripadvisor.

Celine

Archived