Embarkation- platinum level travler, friend is not

KATHY@HOME

If I'm traveling with friend who is not in my cabin....could we both check in via the platinum line that is faster? Do you think she has to go to regular line to check in? We are cruising from Houston, not Galveston & since this ship is coming for the winter we are unsure on wait time getting on. The CEO is sailing on the ship so I think people will be working at 100% ability. Thanks for any thoughts or past experience shared.

If I'm traveling with friend who is not in my cabin....could we both check in via the platinum line that is faster? Do you think she has to go to regular line to check in? We are cruising from Houston, not Galveston & since this ship is coming for the winter we are unsure on wait time getting on. The CEO is sailing on the ship so I think people will be working at 100% ability. Thanks for any thoughts or past experience shared.
She can check in and board with you. However, the Platinum/Elite/full suite line is not always the shorter or faster. If you arrive between 10:30-11:00, you'll be able to board between 11:30-12N, depending on when boarding begins.

As Pam states, yes you can, but it may not be the shorter line, look around. Also, you are correct in your assumption that boarding, not check in, could be delayed, since the ship has been in Europe for the last 6 months. After check in you may have to wait to board.

I asked on our last cruise and they told me that each Platinum member can have one guest that is not Platinum. We were able to invite my sister and brother in law to join us in the priority boarding line. I was glad they told me the rule so I did not feel guilty since we were traveling together

We will be sailing with you and look forward to seeing the new Bayport Cruise Terminal. I just received a note from our TA who will be on this cruise with us that he expects boarding to start around noon but that may be a bit optimistic. It will help that the ship will be the only one in port that day (however there will be at least one in Galveston as well 30 some miles away). The ship is coming from NY and so government clearance should not be that long.

One more week!

Archived