New to Princess

Joy&TomSTL

we like the Caribe deck balconies, the balcony is about 9' x 9' - 1/2 covered by the balcony above, instead of the usual 9' x 5,. we've been on Lido deck before, convenient to lots of activity - and food, but we like to be on a deck that has cabins above and below it - we like to be in an area between the elevators, instead of near the bow or stern, seems to be more convenient to get around the ship. We're booked on the 12/26 Ruby,

Princess smarted up, they realized they could make more money on these cabins and I just saw them for $300 more per person that used to be the same price. My favorite cabins on all ships but Royal, but don't think I will pay a lot for them.

Thank you so much for all these wonderful Princess helpful hints! My husband and I have been cruising Carnival for almost 10 years and finally made platinum. His 50th BD is coming up in April and I want to be on an island on his actual day. Since it is a Saturday it's just not working with a Carnival cruise. So I found this perfect Ruby Princess cruise and it sounds wonderful. After reading all these wonderful posts I think we will love it evern without all the "perks" of being platinum on Carnival.

I only have one concern....when I look at pics of the ship it looks like the balconies are open. I'm not really thrilled with being able to look right down on somebody below me and having someone look right down on our balcony. I mean, it's not going to stop me from booking the cruise, but does anyone know if they have covered balconies?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and sons ages 9 and 11 are booked on the ruby for march 24,2013. I did not realize the aft pool was adult only and booked a room right by it . Should I call abs change rooms? It is an interior room.

I wouldn't change rooms just due to that - having a room in the aft is better than forward. Getting to the two mid ship pools that allow kids is really easy. Also the kids area is in the aft area (deck 17) so they can just pop up the elevator or stairs and get to the video games etc.

Ultimately it's up to you, but I think your room is a good one, esp for inside.