Carnival Fantasy 10/23/13 Review with Pictures

Palmetto Pilot

My DW and I are Carnival Platinum and have multiple cruises on RCL. We have been on the Fantasy several times including the first week of this month. The crew has always been great. It is a smaller and older ship but we always felt that it had its own charm. The convenience of sailing out of Charleston is another plus, particularly for us Carolina residents. Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. But to paraphrase an old adage, one man's leaky old rowboat is another man's shiny yacht.

Sorry you had a bad cruise. I've been on the Fantasy a few times... just got off a few weeks ago. I had a great time! I will say, the food was not as good as it usually is on this ship and the mattresses were horrible..not what I had in the past on the Fantasy. Our cabin steward told me they just got all new mattresses..they suck! I loved the crew, we were lucky with our cabin stewards and our wait staff. I think that's hit or miss on any ship really. I also found the coffee to be horrible. Again, I was told by the wait staff they just switched to a new brand.. go back to the old one it was much better!! :) We had wonderful weather and I spent everyday up on the waterworks deck like you did.. I love it up there! I had an entirely different view of the serenity deck.. it was way too quiet back there for me.. the serenity deck was too serene..LOL.. my friend and I went back there to relax in the hot tub for a few. A few was all I lasted, I'm not into tooo much relaxing I guess! LOL

I think it is a great little ship..but, sometimes I just wanna get on a bigger one with more to do. When I want to go cheaper and just get away and have some fun, I hop on the Fantasy.. the price is good! ;)

Great photos of the ship's sun decks! What you said about eating MREs that tasted better than what you ate on the ship reminds me of the pot roast we ate on the Pride last year. YUCK. Some of the food was surprisingly good, but I definitely agree with you that an MRE would have been preferable to a few of the entrees we had.

Archived