Oasis Cabin Assignment- What do you think

jewels89

Hi there

yesterday I booked the Oasis of the Seas Dec 21 sailing in an inside guarantee and was assigned my cabin already!

I was assigned to 7101...and noticed it is layed out differently than I ever had experience with...

Has anyone been in one of these cabins? How is the movement (obviously it is forward so it will have more movement then midship but im worried about the placement and location)!

Any help would be appreciated!

Interesting room you've got there.

But with the Oasis Class of ships in general you do not feel much movement at all. They are an extremely stable class of ships for sure.

Deck 7 isn't a terrible deck to be located on. You are one deck below Central Park and two decks above the Royal Promenade and Boardwalk. So a lot of the places people tend to venture towards will be close to where your room is located.

I was in 7130 which is the first balcony cabin on the Allure and it is not a bad location. It is far enough away from everything that it is very quiet, yet you can get to the Promenade by going down two decks, and up to Central Park by one deck. I felt no movement in the first five days, and the last two days there was some movement, but with the ship being so large, it is quite a peaceful movement.

The Boardwalk is on deck 6 as an FYI, but where you are it is so far away that it will be a walk. The best way I found to get there was to either go down two decks to the Promenade, and then up to deck 6 to the Boardwalk at the other end. It might be a shorter walk by walking down the very long hall on deck 7, but it is a boring walk.

I was on Allure in 9102 & 9104, directly across the hall from a cabin the same as yours. I hadn't cruised in 20 years, and I can tend to get seasick on small boats, and I rarely noticed any movement up there in the aft.

The hallways are definitely a little quieter because many fewer people need to walk by to get wherever they're going.

The only time I minded the location was when we were dressing for dinner and I realized I left my SeaPass card all the way back near the FlowRider ... that was a far jog/walk there and back when I was already in a rush.

Hey everyone

Thanks SO much for the responses...

I had my TA check into moving us and she was able to move us to 7133... Although I'm not used to being that far forward I think it is much better then my previous location.

I will be embarking on Dec 21- my birthday, any ideas if it is worth going to a specialty restaurant that night? Also, which one ?

Thanks again

I have heard a lot of good things about the specialty restaurants. I can not speak from experience, but since I would most likely go for italian, I would say Giovanni's Table. Price is $20 per person last I checked.

Chopps Grille also looks really good at $30 per person. But Italian food has a way of always getting the best of me. lol.

Or, if you want to go all out and crazy, 150 Central Park.

Hey everyone

Thanks SO much for the responses...

I had my TA check into moving us and she was able to move us to 7133... Although I'm not used to being that far forward I think it is much better then my previous location.

I will be embarking on Dec 21- my birthday, any ideas if it is worth going to a specialty restaurant that night? Also, which one ?

Thanks again

Good move. :)

How large a group will be celebrating your birthday with you? I think that Giovanni's Table is a more "festive" venue than Chops or 150 Central Park.

Interesting room you've got there.

But with the Oasis Class of ships in general you do not feel much movement at all. They are an extremely stable class of ships for sure.

Oasis class bounces around in the ocean as much as any other ship in bad weather.

Oasis class bounces around in the ocean as much as any other ship in bad weather.

Which is be expected, obviously.

I was simply stating that as an overall experience, Oasis Class ships are among the most stable class of ships out there.

Compare a Freedom Class ship to Oasis Class and see which one you notice more movement on. The extra 28ft in beam makes a massive difference.

Which is be expected, obviously.

I was simply stating that as an overall experience, Oasis Class ships are among the most stable class of ships out there.

Compare a Freedom Class ship to Oasis Class and see which one you notice more movement on. The extra 28ft in beam makes a massive difference.

depends on many factors. You've been on each once. Unless you had the exact same weather conditions on both in exactly the cabin location on the ship, how can you compare?

Even Oasis is a speck in the ocean and can be very rough when the seas are bad. Ask anyone who has been on a rough Oasis cruise

We went on Oasis in February 2012 and were on the 12th floor right in the middle of the ship looking over Central Park. It was a beautiful view and you could open up your balcony door and listen to guitar music at night. I cannot give my opinion of the 7th floor except that it is below central park and you are missing out on the gorgeous part of the ship but as many cruisers say" I only use the cabin to sleep and change clothes" As for the movement, the Oasis is wonderful. Did not feel any movement on the ship no matter where you were. Looking forward to going back on the Oasis real soon.

We went on Oasis in February 2012 and were on the 12th floor right in the middle of the ship looking over Central Park. It was a beautiful view and you could open up your balcony door and listen to guitar music at night. I cannot give my opinion of the 7th floor except that it is below central park and you are missing out on the gorgeous part of the ship but as many cruisers say" I only use the cabin to sleep and change clothes" As for the movement, the Oasis is wonderful. Did not feel any movement on the ship no matter where you were. Looking forward to going back on the Oasis real soon.

If you are addressing your comments to the OP, you are misdirecting them. She has an interior cabin. The "view" from deck 7 is not an issue.

:)

Archived