Back from Splendor, any questions?

brisscoe

I just got back from my first ever cruise. I thought if anyone has any questions while it is still fresh in my mind I might be able to help. I was on the Splendor out of NYC 10/24 -11/1.

I will be writing a detailed review with pictures later on after I am settled and go through the 800 or so pictures I took. The review mentions how carnival handles food allergies and gluten free food if anyone is interested, since my mom had all sorts of dietary restrictions and I have none it was neat comparing food.

I just got back from my first ever cruise. I thought if anyone has any questions while it is still fresh in my mind I might be able to help. I was on the Splendor out of NYC 10/24 -11/1.

I will be writing a detailed review with pictures later on after I am settled and go through the 800 or so pictures I took. The review mentions how carnival handles food allergies and gluten free food if anyone is interested, since my mom had all sorts of dietary restrictions and I have none it was neat comparing food.

Did you enjoy your cruise?

Loved the cruise. Weather was so so. Rained a few days sporadically and was cloudy a lot. But I didn't mind! The seas were rough leaving new york but not unbearable. Then they were rough again getting back into Ny. We went to San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk.

Pluto is not a planet and there are 42 trillion billion stars. :p

Working on the review. :)

Hi - do you recommend taking bottled water on board? Someone mentioned that the water on board smells funny. Thanks

they also sell water on board. but I generally will take some so its in my room. I drink a lot of water and am picky about how it tastes lol. the water on the ships are drinkable. but again, im picky so I get the bottled water

I don't know if the world series was on the big screen but it was on in the cabins, I watched a bit. My team wasn't in it so I wasn't too interested.

The water is pretty good IMO. I did not notice a funny smell. I only drink spring water since the tap water is terrible where I live and I still thought it was pretty darned good.

Please link your review when it is ready! I am very curious about the food allergy situation. I am considering a cruise on the Splendor with my son (his first one!) and he has a long list.

Hi - do you recommend taking bottled water on board? Someone mentioned that the water on board smells funny. Thanks

Was on Splendor in Sept and Oct and will be next Saturday. I drink the water all the time . . . no issues for me.

How was the onboard activities during Sea Days? This is going to be my first "cold" sailing from NY in the winter so a little worried about finding stuff to do when you can't soak up the sun and a thousand fruity drinks on the Lido:p

Going with the family this time, Parents, girlfriend, 19 yr and 16 yr old brothers, and would like to always be doing something so any suggestions would be great!

Really only have to worry about first sea day down and last sea day back . . . they have tons of trivia, beanbag, dodgeball, movies on big screen, music of all kinds . . . we never have problems finding something to do even when its too cool to sit outside.

Hi we are going on Splendor this sat. and wanted to know a little more about the rough sea conditions. My son gets sea sick sometimes so would you recommend that he take something for that? Was it rough the first two days? I read somewhere on this site that it is usually pretty rocky sailing from NY. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

they also sell water on board. but I generally will take some so its in my room. I drink a lot of water and am picky about how it tastes lol. the water on the ships are drinkable. but again, im picky so I get the bottled water

We'll be on the splendor this Saturday also. My wife and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary (well it was the end of Aug but this was the closest we could get) It's actually a second honeymoon because on our first one we went to Hawaii and got in a car accident on the second day and I was stuck in bed for the rest of the time there.

Do you have any recommendations of stuff that we should definitely check out (on a tight budget) this is our first cruise.

Hi we are going on Splendor this sat. and wanted to know a little more about the rough sea conditions. My son gets sea sick sometimes so would you recommend that he take something for that? Was it rough the first two days? I read somewhere on this site that it is usually pretty rocky sailing from NY. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

We will be leaving with you on Saturday . . . I always have Meclazine (motion sickness .. I buy the Walgreens or CVS generic) . . . my dr says it's harmless so if we think it will be extra rough we take it . . . we have never been sea sick on a cruise ship. Usually I feel the roughness the last sea day back . . . not so much going down because they make a lot of progress during the night on the first night . . .

The Captain told us they do this itinerary from Nov to April because of the rough sea and chance of not getting further south, so I would go prepared but not be over anxious . . .