Best Western Plus San Pedro Hotel and Suites

San Carlos lady

My husband, parents and I (four) stayed here pre-cruise on Friday, October 11. We arrived late (12 midnight)---the hotel was beautiful, clean and just very nice. I felt we got a good rate of $149.00 inclusive of all taxes. This included a room with 2 queen beds and a nice size bathroom. Additionally, the hotel furnished a wonderful bfast with eggs/sausage...The shuttle to the cruise terminal was spot on. We were less than 5-10 minutes from the cruise terminal. The hotel reminded me of hotels in Europe. The ONLY negative--is the area it's located in--but, our car service from the airport was wonderful and we pulled into the hotel/garage--went up to the hotel's 2nd floor and checked in. The room seemed new/recently renovated and was ultra-clean. I would stay here again in a minute.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Is there any place nearby to purchase some wine for the cruise? Or a $ store or drug store to buy hairspray, shaving cream, etc.?

You are on Gaffey and 2nd...

Rite Aid Drug Store is on Gaffey and 5th...CVS at Gaffey and 8th...

Off the Vine, San Pedro's fine wine shop, is at Pacific and 6th...(four blocks south, two east)

• 1 year later...
the hotel is great we stay there for every cruise. Im going to tahiti in oct for 28 days its the best deal for your car and the rooms are so nice and great breakfast cant wait to come back

We have this hotel booked for post-cruise. Someone mentioned that the area was not so great. Did you feel safe walking around, especially at night? Do the buses pass this area into Old San Juan?

We have this hotel booked for post-cruise. Someone mentioned that the area was not so great. Did you feel safe walking around, especially at night? Do the buses pass this area into Old San Juan?

This hotel is in San Pedro, CA. cruising from Port of Los Angeles.

To call this area "great" is to be stretching reality quite a bit. San Pedro itself is a bit of a Blue Collar industrial town--basically all port-related. Areas of San Pedro are undergoing some "gentrification" and some areas are being redeveloped--though it is a long process.

Unfortunately, where THIS hotel is located is NOT one of the nicer areas...

It is located on Gaffey Street--the main north/south thoroughfare through San Pedro...and right where the 110 Freeway ends and dumps out onto Gaffey...It is a HIGH traffic area with 24 hours, 7 days a week high traffic. It is a commercial street with non-tourist related businesses--gas stations, dry cleaners, laundromats, etc. The nearest restaurants are fast food. Most of the nicer restaurants are in the Downtown area or at the waterfront...both require a considerable walk to get to.

The nicer hotels of San Pedro are in nicer areas. The Crowne Plaza is in the heart of downtown and within a block or two of the waterfront. Most of San Pedro's best restaurants are within 1-3 blocks of the Crowne Plaza. The Doubletree is on the water, but down at the Marina-a more idyllic and peaceful setting...

You can NOT see your ship from your room unless you have excellent long distance and x-ray vision...It's about 8-10 blocks from the water...What you MIGHT see from the hotel are the Chevron Gas Station and the 7-11 store across the street...

if you are facing the port you can see the ship from the hotel and if you walk one block there is an excellent mexican and chinese rest. we only stay one night before the cruise because they keep your car it is a very nice hotel and has shopping within walking distance

This hotel is in San Pedro, CA. cruising from Port of Los Angeles.

I was wondering about this too.

Maybe you're mixing up the BW Plus with the Sunrise Hotel.... Sunrise is on Harbor Blvd next door to The Grinder and around the corner from The Green Onion Mexican restaurant. You can see your ship from the Sunrise and is within walking distance of downtown San Pedro, Ports O'Call and the other restaurants in the port area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums