Insurance/Cancellation Question

tinatark

If a cabin is booked as a double - Carnival's insurance purchased - and passenger #2 has to cancel, but passenger #1 is still sailing - is Passenger #1's fare changed to reflect a single supplement?

Cruising this Saturday - I'm thinking it would be better for passenger #2 to be a no show at the pier and make the claim after the cruise is over.

Has anyone had experience with this? Advice? Thank you!

If a cabin is booked as a double - Carnival's insurance purchased - and passenger #2 has to cancel, but passenger #1 is still sailing - is Passenger #1's fare changed to reflect a single supplement?

Cruising this Saturday - I'm thinking it would be better for passenger #2 to be a no show at the pier and make the claim after the cruise is over.

Has anyone had experience with this? Advice? Thank you!

No shows aren't covered by insurance . They second passenger should cancel as soon as possible. I would talk to the cruise line as well.

Passenger #2 should call the company they bought the insurance through and clarify the cancellation process to be eligible for a refund. Have them explain your situation and what they advise.

Then I'd be on the phone to Carnival to see what they say the consequences of their cancellation will have on your booking.

Okay. Thought I could find people who had this same situation... will call Carnival tomorrow but did find this sentence in the policy - looks like they will cover the additional fees.

Carnival Cancellation Fee Waiver refunds are also provided if you are charged a change in occupancy/single supplement charge as a result of your traveling companion’s cancellation due to one of the reasons cited above.

BTW - we had to cancel an insured (Travel Guard) cruise at the last minute earlier this year - because of the timing, we were considered "no show" at embarkation - the claim was paid with no issues.

Archived