Newbies on Royal Princess

mathan416

Congrats, mathan416.

Loved your review. Your enthusiasm and love of life is evident in your comments. That review was truly constructive for other cruisers, especially first timers. On every cruise that DW and I take, we are taken back to our very first cruise when we fell in love with cruising. Our only expectation is to enjoy each other's company......everything else is a bonus.

Thanks, again. Paul

Sorry, it was a non-sequitor about news notification updates I was getting on my phone about the mayor from the city I live in - Toronto.

In short, there was a video of the mayor allegedly smoking crack. The mayor said it didn't exist, and the police finally found it in Toronto - not on Royal Princess. LOL!

Okay, I'm up to speed [no pun intended] now. Even saw the story in today's Washington Post. Apparently, Mr. Ford is the brother-from-another-mother of D.C.'s own little crackhead mayor, Marion Barry. And people say politics are dull . . .

Our only expectation is to enjoy each other's company......everything else is a bonus.

Thanks, again. Paul

OK - I have already read this thread several times, because as you say, the enthusiasm and happiness comes through loud and clear and makes me smile to see - but your comment here gave me goosebumps. <3 Well said. Thank you to all on this thread!

Thank you for your well written review AND congratulations on your marriage.

Sometimes after reading the reviews of SOME long-time 'elite' level cruisers on here, I wonder if they even really enjoy cruising that much anymore with how many expectations they've built up. Perhaps cruising has become so familiar to them and they've become such 'experts' at cruising, that nothing seems as new, fresh or exciting as it was for them their 1st few times cruising. Having become so critical of every little aspect, perhaps they've forgotten to see the forest for the trees. That's pretty sad if you ask me.

Extremely well said and I agree totally.

That was a fantastic review, my husband are shopping and the Royal Princess is one were looking at, we've been on 3 so far our first was Norwegian on the Jewel, and we're blown away, we had a mini suite, 2nd was again the Jewel, had a Penthouse , and earlier this year we sailed with Celebrity, our problem now is we've had the larger suites and it's hard to plan cause of the categories we've selected. This is my first post sorry for being long winded, I was really concerned with the some of the reviews of Royal Princess, but I've also come to realize from past reviews I've checked , everyone has their different taste. Again I really enjoyed your review.