Carnival 3 night cruise with kids?

PJOZ

Hi,

I have posted this on the Carnival boards too but hoping someone here might be able to help. We are thinking about a 3 nighter out of LA on the Inspiration to Ensenada in mid April next year. The one that suits our dates leaves on a Friday. We don't have time for anything longer as we are doing this in the middle of a trip including Mammoth mountain and Disneyland. Carnival are the only ones offering the shorter cruises at the time we can go.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who has done this cruise with kids. Was it OK? In a lot of the reviews I've read it is obvious there is a lot of drinking and partying on a cruise like this but I know these are pretty big ships (even the smaller ones) and I think the experience you have often depends on where you are and what you are doing.

So I'm interested to know whether people who did this cruise with kids had a different experience. If you are hanging out at the waterslide, going to the family shows, eating in the main dining room etc do you avoid some of the more raucous behaviour? Or is it really everywhere and the kids (8 and 11) are going to see things I really don't want them to see? I'm not worried about people who've had a few drinks enjoying themselves, that would be fine, but would want avoid the kids being around anyone really out of control.

If you've been on a 3 night Carnival cruise out of LA with kids would you do it again?

Thanks, Penny

While shorter cruises do tend to have more folks trying to fit 10 lbs of fun into a 5lb sack, the "raucous" behavior can totally be avoided! The kid's club will be up and running, and they will spend a good deal of time there.....it's fun!

You shouldn't have bad behavior in the shows or dining room....mainly at the clubs, and around the adult pool area. If you do encounter someone "out of control", tell a crew member and they will deal with it!

Maybe, but my only experience on a 3 day Carnival cruise was that there were a large number of large family groups - you know, the kind that have identical tshirts - intent on getting somewhere, totally oblivious to the people they shoved out of their way. EM