Chef's Table questions

TikkiTembo

I’ve seen various ways to make a reservation for the Chef’s Table (Carnival group events email, John Heald’s blog, and on board). In your opinion, what’s the best way to request a reservation for two on the Pride? We sail in 18 days. Also, I do not drink alcohol but I don’t want to be stuck with water if something else is available. Do they offer any other beverages? And lastly, there are quite a few items on the menu. Do you sample them all or do you have to select one or a few from the menu?

I’ve seen various ways to make a reservation for the Chef’s Table (Carnival group events email, John Heald’s blog, and on board). In your opinion, what’s the best way to request a reservation for two on the Pride? We sail in 18 days. Also, I do not drink alcohol but I don’t want to be stuck with water if something else is available. Do they offer any other beverages? And lastly, there are quite a few items on the menu. Do you sample them all or do you have to select one or a few from the menu?

Usually the best way is to email the ships steakhouse you are sailing, but since you sail in 18 days, more than likely, the chef's table is probably already full. People book the chef's table months ahead. On my last cruise, I booked mine 10 months prior (we had a big group). At this point, the fastest way I would recommend would be to get with John Heald.

Because you don't drink, you can specify that when you book it, however method you choose. And yes, EVERYTHING on the menu, you will not only taste, but get a regular portion of. I think when I went, the Chef's table was 18 courses?!?!

Haven't been on the pride, but have done the Chefs Table. The first time I reserved through Johns Blog, but doing it again in a month, and reserved through the group event email, though I think they just forwarded it to the steakhouse. I think the usual tea and lemonade are available, you can order anything, though it may not be included with the meal. As far as the food, you will get to try everything, the portions of each are smallish, so not to fill you up too fast. At the end though, you will be full.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

We are on the Pride sailing on 1 December. I e-mailed the Steakhouse last week and received a confirmation e-mail within three hours. I would suggest you e-mail them and see what they say. Good luck!:)

My advice...........DON'T EAT THE BREAD!!!! I read that warning AFTER we did the Chef's Table on the Conquest. Wished I had read it before. The portions are small, but not that small, and there are so many things that come with each coarse that are not mentioned. I was miserable after because I ate bread! It is a wonderful experience and made ouir cruise one I will always remember. We booked once on board at the steak house. they offered the Chef's Table 2 night's.

My advice...........DON'T EAT THE BREAD!!!! I read that warning AFTER we did the Chef's Table on the Conquest. Wished I had read it before. The portions are small, but not that small, and there are so many things that come with each coarse that are not mentioned. I was miserable after because I ate bread! It is a wonderful experience and made ouir cruise one I will always remember. We booked once on board at the steak house. they offered the Chef's Table 2 night's.

I learned that lesson from my first time at the Steakhouse. I'm a bread eater and I ate my piece as well as my husband's; I was so full. My next time there I only ate a piece of the roll.

But the bread was special and unique to the Chef's table (at least when we did it). I wouldn't skip it!

To the OP- I don't drink alcohol and there were plenty of sodas available.

They actually came and found us in dinner the night before (anytime dining) to ask if we had any allergies or food needs, that's when I told them. They had such good attention to detail, they actually took the wine reduction sauce off a dish and put a vinegarette instead. I didn't need that, but it was good thought. We had one woman in the group who didn't eat fish, and she got chicken dishes instead. (I normally don't but decided to be adventurous).

The menu is extensive and you will be very very stuffed afterwards. The next day, my husband and I shared a banana for breakfast, that's how full we were. Don't eat any of the usual after-lunch snacks before going to Chef's table.

Oh- and I recommend trying to email now, but our cruise there were still plenty of spots available to sign up for on the cruise. There were 24 total spots, as they ran it two nights.

We did the Chef's Table on the Fantasy last year. We loved it...would do it again with no hesitation. I drank champagne during the galley tour, but then asked for soda with my dinner. You may want to mention that you would like something else when they come around and ask about your allergies, food preferences, etc the night before. And it is A LOT of food...you will be stuffed by the end of the night. They had enough sign up on our cruise that they had it 2 nights.

I recommend trying to email now, but our cruise there were still plenty of spots available to sign up for on the cruise. There were 24 total spots, as they ran it two nights.

I did earlier today so we'll see what happens.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Last Friday, I emailed our Chef's Table reservation request for the 11/24 Legend sailing to groupeventplanning@carnival.com. I received an email response a few minutes later that said I would hear directly from a crew member on Monday. Voila, on Monday morning I had our confirmation from the Steakhouse manager. Couldn't have been easier.

I sent the email yesterday and got an instant reply. So I hope to hear yea or nay by Monday.

Funny thing is that I was never interested in the Chef's Table until last week. I've been to the same ports a couple of times so there's really not too many 'must duo's' anymore. I'm learning to enjoy all the amenities that the ship has to offer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Ok - I guess a dumb question, but what exactly is the Chef's table? Do you pay to do it? Where is it, etc. I've seen it mentioned before, but don't really know what it is.

From the Carnival website:

Treat your taste buds to the experience of a lifetime, culminating in a sumptuous multicourse dinner hosted by one of our master chefs. Your VIP experience starts with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres for a select group of 12, followed by a tour to see the galley in operation. The evening concludes with a mind-blowing full-service dinner of amazing appetizers, entrees and desserts not found on our regular dining menus. Reserve early because this once-in-a-lifetime experience has limited seating. It’s just $75 per person and can be booked on board through the ship’s guest information desk.
http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/chefs-table.aspx

aaargh! we are currently waiting for a confirm for the fantasy for dev 14th

we know some other cruise criticisors that just got their confirms and want to join them

tic tic tic, but its been a few days and no confirm from the maitre'd on the fantasy, the last peeps getting theirs did say their confirm mentioned that there might be two tables on this cruise

and for the above, the fee is 75 beans per person, wine is included as are soft drinks, tea, coffee, of course the obligatory 15% gratuity will be added!

if you confirm before sailing you will not be charged until on board

Excited. I got my confirmation email for my reservation this evening.

Hi Tikki :)

That's terrific! Very happy it all worked out and that you

were able to get a reservation. Thank you for coming

back to your post to give us an update. Have a wonderful

voyage, and enjoy the chefs table experience.

:)