Food!

Ashtonwa

Let me preface this by saying I am not a foodie! This will be my second cruise this weekend and first with NCL. I hear so many opinions about the food in the MDR but food will taste great to me if I don't have to cook it! My question is this--while on board the jewel, what are some menu items not to be missed in the mdr (remember, I am not a food snob so don't be afraid! :)). TIA!

Let me preface this by saying I am not a foodie! This will be my second cruise this weekend and first with NCL. I hear so many opinions about the food in the MDR but food will taste great to me if I don't have to cook it! My question is this--while on board the jewel, what are some menu items not to be missed in the mdr (remember, I am not a food snob so don't be afraid! :)). TIA!

Never been on the Jewel, but have been on Epic, Gem and Jade.

The MDR food is good, but can be inconsistent. Love Le Bistro and if Jewel has the Brazilian Steak House, be sure to go there. Don't fill up on beef, the sausage and chicken is great.

This isn't a biggie, but I always look forward to the Ceasar salad.

Love to take the salad, bread, cheese and fruit and go out on the fantail and enjoy the view. A good glass of wine is recommended for this meal. Much better than staying in the buffet area.

Edited by kcwingwalker

My favs are portobello mushroom with goat cheese appetizer at lunch, and in the evenings pork tenderloin medallions with sweet potato mash, braised lamb shank, and broiled salmon in the main dining room. The buffalo wings and tomato soup in Blue Lagoon. Fresh crepes in the buffet. Overall the food is very good and nothing I wouldn't eat. ;)

See this thread from less than a week ago, yummy! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1937541

Also, all the menus are fleetwide so only major variance between different ships is the crew actually preparing the food (and one can't possibly know who would be making your dish on any specific night in a specific venue).

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Demonyte

First night Lobster tails and steak (maybe a short wait-15 min- but well worth the wait)(Not on Breakaway anymore- we were one of the last sailings to have it)

Eggs benedict, bagel lox and cream cheese(every morning)

MDR - latin steak fried calamari (our first thing we get on our cruises)

soo soo many good things just slowly try them all

Safe sailing