Conny already sold out Nov 2014 TA

Ex-Airbalancer

Not just the TA is showing that way. I logged into the booking engine for agents and 11/5, 11/20, 12/4, 12/18 in 2014 are all showing as N/A for all categories. Also 2 western caribbeans in 2015 show that way too.

Maybe they have them all on some sort of hold until the charter decides on a sailing?

We are booked on the Nov. 5th 2014 TA on the Constellation. Now those itineraries have completely disappeared from the website. Maybe a dry dock? Or is it too soon for a Constellation dry dock? But then again not all missing sail dates are contiguous.

I called Captain's Club and the rep said they are working on the website. Then she checked the TA at her end and said "the Nov. 5th cruise is closed for inventory maintenance." I asked her if I had to worry that our TA would be canceled for a dry dock or charter and she said she doesn't have any information.

I have heard that "inventory maintenance" excuse before and two of those times our itineraries changed significantly including the dates and embarkation port.

Kathy

We are booked on the Nov. 5th 2014 TA on the Constellation. Now those itineraries have completely disappeared from the website. Maybe a dry dock? Or is it too soon for a Constellation dry dock? But then again not all missing sail dates are contiguous.

I called Captain's Club and the rep said they are working on the website. Then she checked the TA at her end and said "the Nov. 5th cruise is closed for inventory maintenance." I asked her if I had to worry that our TA would be canceled for a dry dock or charter and she said she doesn't have any information.

I have heard that "inventory maintenance" excuse before and two of those times our itineraries changed significantly including the dates and embarkation port.

Kathy

Kathy

We are on the same cruise this year. They have changed the itierary three times but the cruise never went into "fully sold out". I think that the only two ports that have remained unchanged are the start and end ports so you cannot change the itinerary much more than this and the cruise remain a TA!

We were booked on the 2014 Transpacific from Shanghai to Vancouver. This cruise did go into "itineray maintenance" resulting in it being chartered. A revised/shortened transpacific was created after the charter.

I would expect a major change to your cruise [as for the Transpacific] although unless they are leaving Constellation in Europe for the winter or the TA itself is chartered, they still have to reposition the ship.

With all the other cruises with the same status, it looks like they are rethinking a large chunk of the season for Constellation. She was chartered for the post-dry-dock cruise this year [Amsterdam to Barcelona if I remember correctly]. Perhaps the same people want to charter her again and the itineray they want has thrown everything into confusion.

Sue

Anytime a TA shows "sold out" far in advance, assume web glitch.

Sorry, but I'd say this is not the case. This is something more than a web glitch.

Not just the TA is showing that way. I logged into the booking engine for agents and 11/5, 11/20, 12/4, 12/18 in 2014 are all showing as N/A for all categories. Also 2 western caribbeans in 2015 show that way too.

Maybe they have them all on some sort of hold until the charter decides on a sailing?

Hi Ariawoman,

On the Caribbean sailings, my guess is - Celebrity might be converting more of the 4/5 night sailings, to 9 night sailings. I see there's another 9 night sailing on the schedule (12/13/13), which seems to be new.

As for the Transatlantic, I'd keep a close eye on the 2 sailings before the TA. If they disappear from the schedule, I'd suspect that Celebrity might wish to tighten up their Europe deployment, and possibly bring Connie back to the US a few weeks earlier than previously scheduled. We'll see what happens.

Host Andy, as always Jack and I really appreciate your perspective. Your thoughts make logical sense. My thought when I first heard this is that they would change the Holy Land cruise that precedes the Constellation TA to exclude Egypt in light of problems and other cruise lines canceling stops in the Egypt ports and that in some way would impact the TA. For now of course, we will keep our Constellation TA booking and wait to see what transpires. The right Europe or TA itinerary and perhaps a b2b would be of interest to us.

We will be on the Eclipse in a week (16th), so if you hear anything, please let us know. Meanwhile, we'll be looking here on Cruise Critic and on the X website during the Eclipse cruise to see if anything changes.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Holy Land precedes TA

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm sure you already know this, but for others who are booked - whatever you do, do NOT cancel your exisiting bookings, as you may be entitled to compensation, if any major changes happen. Might as well wait to see what happens.

Looking forward to seeing you onboard Eclipse. Only 8 days to go !

Last time I had this happen and it was for "inventory maintenance" I wound up with a cancelled cruise as the TA was delayed for several weeks, so the ship was weeks late arriving in Florida. So I'd be concerned about whether or not your sailing is as going to be as booked.

That being said, Celebrity bent over backwards trying to come up with an alternative that I found acceptable. What we wound up with would not have been my first choice, but they did the best they could.

Today , the cruise is not even list on Celebrity website

Also under my saved cruise it has

This itinerary is no longer available.

For all my saved cruises :confused:

We are all seeing the same thing; the TA and some subsequent November & December cruises are not listed (missing) on the website and are not in the My Celebrity/My Reservations if the cruises were booked (earlier said "Sold Out" for TA which likely is not the case). See Host Andy's "guess"/reply below (& other helpful posts) regarding the "missing" sailings. At this time, Celebrity has not announced what they are planning regarding potential itinerary changes or why the cruises are under "inventory maintenance." Hopefully within the next few weeks, the cruises will re-appear with or without changes. The reason I say "within the next few weeks" is that from my experience, it can take a few weeks until the changes are known and reflected on the website. My dh and I have had this happen to us a few times for our booked or planning-to-book cruises.

On the Caribbean sailings, my guess is - Celebrity might be converting more of the 4/5 night sailings, to 9 night sailings. I see there's another 9 night sailing on the schedule (12/13/13), which seems to be new.

As for the Transatlantic, I'd keep a close eye on the 2 sailings before the TA. If they disappear from the schedule, I'd suspect that Celebrity might wish to tighten up their Europe deployment, and possibly bring Connie back to the US a few weeks earlier than previously scheduled. We'll see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on what I was able to discern while trying to book the TA (I was on Reflection at the time), what seems to have happened is the cruise following the TA was booked as a charter. The charter people then entered into negotiations with Celebrity regarding the cruise length. The TA was then taken off the market pending the final deal with the charter.

The TA was available for booking on November 14 and I booked it at that time. Another port has been added and the cruise is now 16 nights instead of 15. The charter cruise was shortened to 3 days instead of 4.

Based on what I was able to discern while trying to book the TA (I was on Reflection at the time), what seems to have happened is the cruise following the TA was booked as a charter. The charter people then entered into negotiations with Celebrity regarding the cruise length. The TA was then taken off the market pending the final deal with the charter.

The TA was available for booking on November 14 and I booked it at that time. Another port has been added and the cruise is now 16 nights instead of 15. The charter cruise was shortened to 3 days instead of 4.

Thanks for that info

How was the weather on the crossing ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info

How was the weather on the crossing ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terrific. Very comfortable days and in the evening, with a following wind, the open deck areas were very nice. We did have about 24 hours of "higher seas" as we left St. Martin on the way to Miami but the ship handled it well.

If I understand you, you booked 15 night, cruise is now 16 nights, correct? I assume they didn't charge you any more for this....can you confirm? I had thought I read elsewhere they added dates to a cruise and people already booked didn't have to be rebooked, but others told me I was nuts of course they'd have to pay for the extra days.....

Thanks for th input...!

We would suspect a glitch (X has more then its share of computer glitches) and not any kind of charter. Groups do not charter TA repositioning cruises! Another possibility is that X is thinking about an itinerary change. When this kind of thing happens its usually a matter of waiting a few days a taking another look. Calling Celebrity might get you an answer, but its also possible they know as much as us.

Hank

If I understand you, you booked 15 night, cruise is now 16 nights, correct? I assume they didn't charge you any more for this....can you confirm? I had thought I read elsewhere they added dates to a cruise and people already booked didn't have to be rebooked, but others told me I was nuts of course they'd have to pay for the extra days.....

Thanks for th input...!

No, when I booked on board last week, the cruise had been changed to 16 days. The people who booked before got an extra day for free.

We would suspect a glitch (X has more then its share of computer glitches) and not any kind of charter. Groups do not charter TA repositioning cruises! Another possibility is that X is thinking about an itinerary change. When this kind of thing happens its usually a matter of waiting a few days a taking another look. Calling Celebrity might get you an answer, but its also possible they know as much as us.

Hank

Sorry if I confused you, but the charter was for the cruise starting after the TA. It tied up the TA while issues were straightened out. Now, the TA is 16 days and the following charter is 3 days.

I am booked on the the first cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale after next year's TA. It is during Thanksgiving week next year, and I am not on any charter. Maybe the charter was cancelled?