Royal Flush Sale

I got an email from Royal Caribbean about their upcoming Royal Flush sale

SUNDAY 10 TO SATURDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2013

Welcome to Royal Caribbean’s Royal Flush sale! We are dealing you our best hand of offers on Australia, South Pacific and New Zealand cruises of 5 nights or longer departing between January 2014 and April 2015.

For one week only, you can cruise from as little as $999* per person and receive up to US$400* onboard credit as well as half price deposits*.

Onboard credit amount varies by stateroom type and cruise length:

• 5-11 nights: Interior or Oceanview stateroom - US$100, Balcony or Suite - US$200
  • 12 nights or longer: Interior or Oceanview stateroom - US$200, Balcony or Suite - US$400

The details incluidng the good ole Terms and Conditions are on the site.

I wish they had included some other destinations rather than Australia, South Pacific and NZ.

Edited by icat2000

Can you use a FCC to book and get the extra OBC on top of the FCC OBC?

if its a new booking with RCI i cant see why you cant

with princess we can use our FCC and we get so much obc and if the TA is having a special we can get more obc

with princess we can use our FCC and we get so much obc and if the TA is having a special we can get more obc

I was being lazy lol I couldnt be bothered looking up the full T&C,s for the new sale!

Usually though with RCI you cannot combine deals like OBC from FCC and OBC from a sale price but my email of new sale didnt mention this in the fine print like usual?

Terms and Conditions of the Flush Sale

Terms and Conditions of Sale • Offer is valid for new individual bookings only for Royal Caribbean International Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific cruises of 5 nights or longer departing between 1 January 2014 and 19 April 2015

• New Bookings must be made between Sunday 10 November and Saturday 16 November 2013 in order to qualify for the offer.

• Savings amount shown represents the current maximum savings available per person from the inclusive price published in the Royal Caribbean South Pacific, Australia & New Zealand 2013-2015 brochure on Voyager of the Seas 16 March 2015 in a Junior Suite.

• Lead in fare of $999 per person is based on Voyager of the Seas 27 February 2014 in an Interior stateroom (category M)

• All bookings must have the required deposit paid no later than 5:00pm local time (Sydney) on Friday 22 November 2013 to RCL Cruises Ltd in order to qualify for the offer. In instances where the offer expiry date is prior to 22 November 2013 on the booking invoice, the required deposit must be paid by the date outlined on the booking invoice.

• A guarantee of deposit is not sufficient proof of deposit therefore all monies must be remitted to RCL Cruises Ltd by the required deadline to qualify.

• Bookings made between 10 November and 16 November 2013 without a deposit will not qualify for the offer.

• Offer applies to all categories available.

• Offer is not valid for charter or group bookings.

• Offer is combinable with the following restricted fares i.e. Seniors (SRS), Family Pricing (FMLY), Military (MIL), Upgrade Offers (UPG), Buy one get one 50% off second guest (BOGOHO), Air offer (ARF).

• Offer is not combinable with Closed User Rates (CUA/CUG), Net rates (NEB), Gross rates (GSA), Interline rates (ITD/ITE), RSALE, Travel Agent rates, Friends and Family rates or Employee rates.

• Offer is not combinable with any other offer and/or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers.

• Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetour Onboard Credits. Cruisetour packages receive the OBC based upon the length of the Cruisetour.

• Onboard credit amount varies by cruise length; 5 – 11 nights: Interior/Oceanview – US$100 per stateroom and Balcony/Deluxe - US$200 per stateroom. 12 nights or longer: Interior/Oceanview - US$200 per stateroom and Balcony/Deluxe US$400 per stateroom.

• Onboard credit amount is in U.S. Dollars, has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash, is not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00pm on the last evening of the cruise.

• In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, the guest can choose the offer he/she wishes to retain.

• Any existing booking (Offer Status, Booked Status & Courtesy Hold) that is cancelled on or after 31 October 2013 and subsequently rebooked for the same ship and sailing within the Sale period will not be eligible to receive the offer.

• Any eligible booking that is modified (ship and/or sail date), cancelled and then reinstated after 16 November 2013 will no longer be eligible for the offer.

• 50% reduced deposit is based on the cruise length and amounts as stated in the Terms and Conditions in the Royal Caribbean International 2013-15 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific brochure.

• 50% reduced deposit and Onboard Credit Offer is applicable to on-line bookings however the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. The deposit required to secure your booking will equal 50% of the total deposit outlined on the on-line booking confirmation.

• Onboard Credit will be applied automatically to qualified bookings.

• Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time without notice.

Carnival group (Princess) are more flexible about combining offers, whereas RCL group exclude it most of the time (including this time!)

Edited by The_Big_M

We'll be taking our first Royal Caribbean cruise in May next year, so aren't yet C&A members. Are we likely to get a better deal once we become (Gold) members, or should we jump on this deal while it's around?

We're looking at a cruise over christmas so is it likely that the prices will drop much between now and then? I'm figuring school holidays are peak time but maybe I'm wrong? :confused:

We'll be taking our first Royal Caribbean cruise in May next year, so aren't yet C&A members. Are we likely to get a better deal once we become (Gold) members, or should we jump on this deal while it's around?

We're looking at a cruise over christmas so is it likely that the prices will drop much between now and then? I'm figuring school holidays are peak time but maybe I'm wrong? :confused:

No, you won't get a better deal by being a Gold C&A member, so that clears that dilemma straight away. :-)

That said, you can get slight benefits by booking onboard. However, this deal will give at least similar benefits, so nothing really gained that way.

Yes, if you're looking at a cruise over Christmas 2014 it sounds like, it'd be best to book now.

It's not so much that pricing will definitely rise per cabin. You're right that it's their peak season, but they know that so usually have higher prices to begin with. However, the main issue is that those cruises are popular for many reasons so sell out quicker. You may find that if you e.g. want a 3 or 4 berth cabin it's gone, or the specific category/price you're looking at sells out. And then you have to pay more for something else, or take something you were less keen on, or change your booking arrangements.

Booking now means you have more choice, which will reduce as time goes by.

What are the on-board booking discounts like? There seem to be plenty of cabins available at this stage so if it's decent we might take our chances, but if it's only $100 I'll book earlier - there are still some aft balconies available and I've heard they're a favourite :)

Onboard booking doesn't give you a discount. It just gives onboard credit to spend. The amount varies by cruise length. You also have a smaller deposit to pay. You still have to pay the same total amount though, so it's not a big deal imo.