Coffee Maker

Billymac

Are there coffee makers in the inside cabins on the NCL Sun?

No. NCL no longer provides coffee makers to Inside or to OceanView Cabins.

However, if you ask your cabin steward for one he might be able to find one that is not being used.

If he does, and especially if he also gives you coffee for it, I'd recommend tipping him for that service.

Edited by NMLady

Can you bring your own coffee maker on the ship? What about a rice cooker? I have a friend who will not cruise unless she can have brown short grain rice every day.

No, and no.

I have to ask, though... what's with the brown short grain rice every day? Is this all your friend eats?

:confused:

Brown short grain rice is the staple of the macrobiotic diet of a yoga instructor. No meats, no dairy products, seaweed for calcium. occasional fish or shrimp, she does not want to eat white rice. Thank you for your quick response.

When I was in an inside there wasn't one and I called to see if I could get one but they said no.

We have often brought a small 1 cup coffee maker on board. It is a very small black and decker and haven't had any issues with it. Just my experience though.

Brown short grain rice is the staple of the macrobiotic diet of a yoga instructor. No meats, no dairy products, seaweed for calcium. occasional fish or shrimp, she does not want to eat white rice. Thank you for your quick response.

Not allowed. Perhaps she can substitute a whole grain cereal or go high carb raw fruit/vegan for a time. You can typically bring factory sealed prepackaged foods.

Here's the NCL FAQ Guest Conduct Policy

http://www.ncl.com/faq/guest-conduct-policy

PROHIBITED ITEMS

ITEMS WITH HEATING ELEMENTS OR OPEN FLAMES

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted onboard. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed and may require a converter.

Edited by kylenyc