Look for Park and Stay Near Pier 35 San Fran.

Socal404

We are taking a Panama Canal cruise from Miami to SF in May, 2014. We live in southern California. We'll be driving to the bay area, flying to Miami and returning to SF. We'd like to be able to stay in a hotel close to the pier, park the car, (not in the pier parking area), so we can get the car after the cruise and drive home.

My question, after not finding my answer after searching, are there hotels near the pier that have a Stay and Park option.

Would appreciate hearing about suggestions to my question. Right now we have a reservation at a Best Western near SFO, which has parking. I'm concerned about getting back to the car after getting off the ship.

Thanks for the help.:)

we are taking a panama canal cruise from miami to sf in may, 2014. We live in southern california. We'll be driving to the bay area, flying to miami and returning to sf. We'd like to be able to stay in a hotel close to the pier, park the car, (not in the pier parking area), so we can get the car after the cruise and drive home.

My question, after not finding my answer after searching, are there hotels near the pier that have a stay and park option.

Would appreciate hearing about suggestions to my question. Right now we have a reservation at a best western near sfo, which has parking. I'm concerned about getting back to the car after getting off the ship.

Thanks for the help.:)

no.

• 1 month later...

There are hotels around SFO that will allow long term parking. Stay at one then catch their shuttle to SFO on the day of your cruise and catch BART to the Embarcadero station and then a cab to the ship. Reverse that when you come home.

• 2 months later...

OP: Have you had any luck with this? We are also driving up to SF from SoCal for a cruise in May. Seems the best I can find is the Holiday Inn Express Airport South. It includes 14 days parking. My concern is transportation to the ship. We're considering a rental car, but the one-way drop off fees are very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Free or even low cost overnight hotel parking in downtown or waterfront SF is a rarity. Most major (e.g., Marriott) and boutique hotels charge an average of $40/night. If I remember correctly, 55 Francisco lot is not that big.

Sounds like super shuttle is the way to go.

OP: Have you had any luck with this? We are also driving up to SF from SoCal for a cruise in May. Seems the best I can find is the Holiday Inn Express Airport South. It includes 14 days parking. My concern is transportation to the ship. We're considering a rental car, but the one-way drop off fees are very expensive.

Check again. I just did two searches on Orb*tz . com, one weekend and one midweek. Nothing was over $175 and that was for a van. I used Valencia - SFO. Lowest was $61.

Make sure your rental is less than 24hours.

Thank you for your feedback! We used to do one way rentals in the past also. Cheapest for the one day rental to SFO on the day we need is $60. (Not bad) However, coming home cheapest is $145 for 1 day! Problem is our cruise ends on the Friday of Memorial weekend.

Edited by PrincessCruisesLover

Still cheaper than flying.

Southwest out of SFO-BUR is in the $300pp range

From OAK it's reasonable at $80pp BUT you'd have to get to OAK.

What about Amtrak? or GotoBus? But then you'd have to figure out how to get home.

Edited by SadieN

There's 3 of us, so flying is too much. We prefer driving because of luggage too. We just have to total up hotel + parking during our cruise vs hotel + rental car. Another positive to using our car is the gas cost because we have a Prius. We were just hoping to find a hotel near the pier with parking included. Pretty sure that's not gonna happen!

Have you looked into MegaBus or BoltBus? Both have really cheap fares from LA (Union Station) if you book in advance and will let you off at the West Oakland BART station or the CalTrain terminal in SF.

What we're going to do is drive from socal to SF. We're staying at a Best Western near SFO. It gives us 14 days of parking, with $7 per extra day. We're flying to MIA, and then cruising through the Panama Canal, back to San Francisco. We're going to hire a limo to pick us up at Pier 35, and take us back to the Best Western.